StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Are you sure those other ones weren't specifically designed for the Strom and just marketed for the Honda because they happen to fit? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't sound like it.

Editted to save space.
The brackets are designed from a Honda ST1300 part. The shift side bracket is a direct copy and the the brake side is a mirror image. This probably saved a bit of money rather than going for a complete new program on a CNC machine. However, this makes the pegs stand farther out than they need to. The Honda has a spring under the peg that needs to be cleared. The Wee does not and a dedicated bracket set could mount the pegs closer in. The pegs also droop toward the ends very slightly. It makes it obvious once more that the brackets were not designed for my bike. the stock spring does not quite contact the frame an the bracket. That will have no functional effect other than the pegs vibrating a bit more when the rider's feet are on the ground. Unlike it says in the ad, shift and brake levers do need to be adjusted. The brake runs out of adjustment room before I can get it low enough. I'll change my style to fit since it will take some non trivial work to change the linkage.

The brake light needed to be adjusted or be on constantly. I did grind a little off the end of the brake adjusting rod to get the pedal as low as possible with the stock parts.
-T

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I saw that thread had resurfaced. Sure looks like compromise application.

Good luck with your shopping.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went ahead and ordered them today..... I'll figure something out.

-T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts