StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Larolco, are we out of line in thinking these weather patterns are a conspiracy???

I don't know how the weather was out in Langley, but it was a rather rude awakening for me this morning...

It was supposed to be too warm for rain / snow / slush!

Ah well, patience is a virtue, they tell me...:???:

- BCB.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Oh ya, the wonderful weather here in B.C. Snowmobile sales must be going through the roof.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
As I walked into work this morning, through the slush-laden parking lot, my feet made a sound something like, "squamish, squamish."

I got up at around 4 o'clock this morning when a massive slab of snow slid off my roof and woke my wife up, who made me get out of bed to see what happened, besides the obvious.

I happily noted that the driveway was still clear and that there was no sign of fresh snowfall. I went back to bed looking forward to the first ride on the V in a week or so.

I got up again at 6 o'clock to find two fresh inches of slush in my driveway.

Maybe tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I just have to wonder if this type of winter weather will be the norm and not the exception around here from now on. With what ICBC charges us for insurance, I am going to take a real hard look at only insuring 6 months this year. Why not save 50% of an already ridiculous $1475.00 insurance tab, when the bike is idle in the garage most of the time anyway. I admire you guys who ride in all sorts of sh*t, but I'm a fair weather guy and not ashamed to admit it. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Well, I was able to ride to work pretty much every day (except for the big dumpings) until Christmas holidays. I haven't had a lot of luck this past couple of weeks, though.

Big rains forecast for the next few days, so I'm hopefull the snow and salt will be washed away before long.

I've got to get this thing in for its 6K service in a couple hundred Ks.

Hopefully I can burn them off next week.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Well here the snowmobile salesmen are very, very happy. This is the first winter in awhile the snowmobilers have been able to get more than a week of sledding at a time.
The Motorcycle riders (me) aren't quite so happy about the riding conditions but on the bright side, my snowshoes have finally had the cobwebs knocked off them.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Larolco, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. But up here we go with a capital "S". lol.

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got to get this thing in for its 6K service in a couple hundred Ks.

Hopefully I can burn them off next week.
Was that popping sound I just heard the air rushing in to the spot in the garage where the bike used to sit? :grin:

- BCB

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
WTY: Do you use Megson Fitzpatrick? Saves me about $300/yr.

WW: I only capitalize "Squamish" when the slush gets above my ankles.

BCB: Bike's still parked. But I think I see the sun coming out and the slush has melted. I just need an excuse to go out.

Anyone going to the bike show in Abbotsford next week?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
WTY: Do you use Megson Fitzpatrick? Saves me about $300/yr.

Anyone going to the bike show in Abbotsford next week?
Got a great ride in today. Malahat, Cowichan, Duncan. Coffee at Timmies. Back home. I want you guys to forget my last dumb-ass comment about only insuring 6 months a year. It was made when I was under duress due to snow. :rolleyes:

Yes, I use Megson for optional coverage.

Going to the show on Thursday. :D

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Got a great ride in today. Malahat, Cowichan, Duncan. Coffee at Timmies. Back home. I want you guys to forget my last dumb-ass comment about only insuring 6 months a year. It was made when I was under duress due to snow. :rolleyes:

Yes, I use Megson for optional coverage.

Going to the show on Thursday. :D
Will excuse the dumb-ass comment. See any tulips sprouting while you were out?

Managed a ride to the gas station to fill up. Lots of sand on the roads still.

Planning to hit the show on Saturday, methinks.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Will excuse the dumb-ass comment. See any tulips sprouting while you were out?

Managed a ride to the gas station to fill up. Lots of sand on the roads still.

Planning to hit the show on Saturday, methinks.
No tulips yet. Still lots of ice and snowy spots on the Malahat. Guess we won't meet up at the show. Too bad. I'll be leaving my Visa at home so I don't buy any more freakin' bike jackets. Got 6 now. Have to sell a couple off. I'm the Imelda Marcos of motorcycle apparel. Just can't lay off the stuff. So there should be some stuff left for you. :D

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
I picked up a nice black leather jacket there last year. I'm in the market for a new wet weather jacket, though. The zippers are wearing out on my Joe Rocket.

Lemme know if you see anything cool Strom-related.

No tulips here either.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I picked up a nice black leather jacket there last year. I'm in the market for a new wet weather jacket, though. The zippers are wearing out on my Joe Rocket.

Lemme know if you see anything cool Strom-related.

No tulips here either.
Lookin for another JR? May be able to help you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just have to wonder if this type of winter weather will be the norm and not the exception around here from now on. With what ICBC charges us for insurance, I am going to take a real hard look at only insuring 6 months this year. Why not save 50% of an already ridiculous $1475.00 insurance tab, when the bike is idle in the garage most of the time anyway. I admire you guys who ride in all sorts of sh*t, but I'm a fair weather guy and not ashamed to admit it. :mad:
check out Beacon Insurance for the optional part of it. My wee costs about 350 for a full year of theft/collision/fire for replacement cost and includes a pretty good gear rider too.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
check out Beacon Insurance for the optional part of it. My wee costs about 350 for a full year of theft/collision/fire for replacement cost and includes a pretty good gear rider too.
What are you valuing the bike at for the optional? My ING is $492.00 based on $12,000.00 value. (It's first year, will drop that some now.) Ridergeek, where do get Beacon Insurance. Maybe I'll give them a try.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Alas, 2XL would be a bit big on me. Thanks anyway.

I see sun in tomorrow's forecast. :twisted:
Hey Larolco. No worries. I'll probably just keep it with the other 5, while I inevitably buy more of them. Hopelessly addicted to bike jackets. Gonna be a hell of a garage sale one day. :rolleyes:

It does look like a run of pretty good weather coming up for the next few days. Going to try to gather up a posse for a morning / lunch run to Jordan River tomorrow. Bike show on Thursday. Should be a great week. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts