Strom Trooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
As far as I know, the Gen 1 Stroms came with a rubber guard that fit snugly in the swing arm hole on the frame.

Those look purty, but I presume they'll get scratched just as quickly as the powder-coated frame.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
My K6 Wee did not come with the rubber swing arm bolt hole covers. But I did order them. I think they might have started as a standard item in 2007, but that's a guess based on parts house info.

Like badjuju, I would think those would scratch too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have those shiney frame protectors & yes, they do scratch but in a nice, uniform manner. I thought they were too shiney when new but they’ve scuffed into a nice matte finish somewhat similar to the guard on the master cylinder

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
My 2007 ABS Wee came with the rubber guards. One is in the ditch along highway 3 in Washington State, the other one is somewhere along highway US 2, same state. You are welcome to them if you can find them. :wink2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I kinda like those. How about a link? I googled them a few different ways and came up with every type of crash bar possible, but not those

Busted

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
I made my own, fixed on with silicone... the gaping holes each side just bothered me - I could have used pipe/tube plugs, but where's the fun in that?

That's cool. Good job.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Frame Plugs/Guards........

I found the shiney ones as well, surfing last week on Ebay……..killer waves, BTW.
They also offer Black Covers...….maybe anodized?? (Don't remember) Both use adhesive tape for affixing to the frame......which sounded "iffy" to me, altho HD tape has come a long way in recent years (just look at what Dentists use nowadays!!).
I do recall the OEM Rubber units hard to find from the microfiche...….seems like Greywolf would always chime in and have to tell us where to get them?? I keep waiting for mine to fall out...….teeth and covers. :furious:

OK, I found the OEM units...…….under "Frame" on microfich

COVER, PIVOT, R...……….43585-27G00 …………..$14.10

COVER, PIVOT, L...……..43595-27G00 …………..$14.10

1 - 12 of 12 Posts