StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2012 vstrom love the bike has anybody purchased the lower cowling I would like to see a picture of what it looks like,I would like to try and hide all the hoses on the right side of the bike

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Just got my 2012 vstrom love the bike has anybody purchased the lower cowling I would like to see a picture of what it looks like,I would like to try and hide all the hoses on the right side of the bike
Here's a good pic of a Glee with a chin piece.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I still cant believe that's the new strom. Good lookin bike, which is kinda hard to say for a v strom.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
If you negotiate with your dealer, you could get one for about $230. I had it in the garage before the bike showed up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine came with one and I put on the Enduro Guardian one instead. It fits the bike very well, but when I bought my bike back in Nov, the dealer didn't think that it came on it so I ordered Yanns metal one. I posted this plastic one on a local site and sold it for $100. My friend bought the same bike in black and sold his for $75 !!!
In a few months there will likely be used ones for sale all over the place

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
we need a picture of that one, I've never seen the "Enduro Guardian".
Here is a link to his thread with pics of it on my bike.
Prolly around the same $ as what they want for the plastic cowl. Heavier but waaaay more protection. And the weather sucks here so bad I've had lots of time to put it on!!! Bolts right on to the new G-Stroms too. Can't really knock the plastic one either it fits very nice and that little vstrom badge on the side is pure class.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/group-buys-stromtrooper-inventors-product-showcase/58327-skid-plates-radiator-guards-oil-cooler-guards-lift-kits-i-got-them-makem-8.html#post766347

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would like the lower cowl, but it's $452 Australian. Which is terrible considering the Aussie dollar is worth more than the US at the moment. I'd clearly be better off buying it from the US or Canada and getting hit with the shipping.

·
Registered
162 Posts
:confused:
I thought the point of the new Strom was LESS plastic to have to replace routinely...:headbang:

+1 on Yann's steal skid plate...indestructible!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
:thumbup:Can't wait to get mine...it makes the bike look so much better!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts