StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I gather, the stock DL650 seat is the low seat. Does anyone know of any seats that sit lower??

Thanks 8)

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
If Suzuki makes a lower seat it would be a cover stretched over the plastic base.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Suzuki doesn't make any lower seats as far as I know, and in general most aftermarket seats are going to be higher then stock (or possibly the same height).

If you want a lower seat, take off the seat cover and use an electric kitchen knife to cut out some foam. I cut my stock 1K seat down 5/8". You could probably go even lower, and at least 1" and maybe even 1.5" however you'd be getting near the plastic seat pan. :)

I think a stock seat (1K) probably has 3" of foam in the driver area before you hit plastic.

See my thread here on cutting down your seat if you want to go that route: http://stromtrooper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4859

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Sargent seat that was custom made on a stock Suzuki seat pan, it sits 1/2 inch lower than the stock 650 seat, and is waaaaayyy more comfortable. I did 450 miles on it last Sunday with no but burn what so ever, on the 650 seat, I would start to squirm after 50 miles.
Unlike the Corbin that I tried, the Sargent doesn't spread your legs, and is easier to flat foot the bike than with the stock 650 seat. It cost me $250, they want $380 if you buy one on there seat pan.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Rickster said:
I have a Sargent seat that was custom made on a stock Suzuki seat pan, it sits 1/2 inch lower than the stock 650 seat, and is waaaaayyy more comfortable. I did 450 miles on it last Sunday with no but burn what so ever, on the 650 seat, I would start to squirm after 50 miles.
Unlike the Corbin that I tried, the Sargent doesn't spread your legs, and is easier to flat foot the bike than with the stock 650 seat. It cost me $250, they want $380 if you buy one on there seat pan.
Wow, that is great for just $250. My stock seat mod cost only about $80 (and was a fun project) but I can't say that there's no butt burn after 450 miles. Maybe 200 miles max.

Sounds like a good value there from Sargent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts