Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 Wee with nearly 65k has picked up an intermittent quirk. While idling the low oil pressure light will come on and the clock will flash from the time to F1 and back. There is always a very slight miss in the engine just before it happens. There is plenty of oil in the engine and it does not run like the oil pressure is low. If I turn it off and restart it clears and might not come back. If I don’t let it idle for long it won’t come on. My mechanic checked it for codes and there are none. Of course it won’t act up at the shop.
I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. :confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The red light is a warning light with many functions. When an FI pops up, it activates the red light. It is not an oil light in that situation but only when the oil icon shows up with it. Did your mechanic have a Suzuki SDS system or a Healtech Suzuki OBD tool? They will show stored FI codes. A diagnostic plug jumper will only show active codes. You can jumper your diagnostic plug so it will show a code the next time it happens but you'll lose the clock.
FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The red light is a warning light with many functions. When an FI pops up, it activates the red light. It is not an oil light in that situation but only when the oil icon shows up with it. Did your mechanic have a Suzuki SDS system or a Healtech Suzuki OBD tool? They will show stored FI codes. A diagnostic plug jumper will only show active codes. You can jumper your diagnostic plug so it will show a code the next time it happens but you'll lose the clock.
FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes
Thanks for the info. I may try the jumper. I'll ask my mechanic about his diagnostic tools but I suspect it was just the diagnostic plug jumper.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the jumper thing and it turns out to be a C17 code Front Intake Air Pressure Sensor. It could be anything from a vacuum hose to the sensor itself for $190 new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts