StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was walking my dog today and met a guy on a dl 650 , his back tire was bald and i asked him how long it had lasted , he has over 50,000 klm on his bike and its his second trailwing, so over 25,000 per tire , he had his first front put on at 45,000 and tells me his chain and sprokets have also lasted over 25,000, i also asked about valve ajustments and he told me he has had none, and that his dealer had said it wasnt needed , the only maintainance so far for him was a fuel filter that he said costs 200 bucks pluss one tbs since new

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Have yet had to adjust a valve on mine either. I gave up checking them, whats the point??... :)

My chains go about 30,000km, give or take and I have replaced the rear sprocket once.

Regular oil/filter changes with Amsoil synthetic and washing is bout all it requires.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I have almost given up washing it.
It has rained here so much for the past month I'm almost thinking that I made a wrong turn on my holidays and ended up back on the West Coast;)

When I installed my K&N air filter last weekend I noticed there was lots of dust under the seat. That must have come from back in July, the hot dry month we called Summer this year.

My rear Trailwing got replaced at about 18,000 Km. There was still lots of tread on the sides but the center was squared off from the constant commute. I changed the front a few thousand Km later. It had a fair amount of tread but I wanted all new tires for my trip.

I replaced my chain along with front and rear sprockets at 23,000 Km. the sprockets were not too bad but the chain was toast.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I replaced my chain along with front and rear sprockets at 23,000 Km. the sprockets were not too bad but the chain was toast.[/QUOTE]

If you havnt already done so, I highly recommend going to a 16T on the front. No appreciable loss of acceleration, and it just feels slightly more relaxed on the hwy.

Cheers!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Am I missing something? With a 16T should it not accelerate even better than a 17T?

·
Registered
481 Posts
:)Ha! Always a good answer to a stupid question. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts