StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is a common complaint but just need to vent. I've tried it in all positions and still feel like I'm in the UFC octagon getting bitch slapped by some big dude named Jackson while riding at highway speeds.

Most of the alternatives look like space shuttle bug shields except for the Euro Suzuki screen.

How can I get my hands on one of these?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I realize this is a common complaint but just need to vent. I've tried it in all positions and still feel like I'm in the UFC octagon getting bitch slapped by some big dude named Jackson while riding at highway speeds.

Most of the alternatives look like space shuttle bug shields except for the Euro Suzuki screen.

How can I get my hands on one of these?

Has anyone out there used one of these? If so, how does it work? Just last evening I was trying to figure out how to fabricate something that would look very much like this.

Once my college student daughter climbs out of bed I'll get her to try to translate some of the catalog for me and see what it says.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Has anyone out there used one of these? If so, how does it work?
Works great...

Far superior to the stock screen in both looks, and at reducing buffeting, in my opinion. The only downside is that it creates a little more noise. This is a moot point in my case, because I always wear -30 dB earplugs on the highway.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
No response from Pease when I sent an email weeks ago. Someone else pointed me to Robinsons Foundry. Got a response next day:

Screen is £55.28
Shipping is £40.00 by standard Air Mail (to Canada)

That's a lot of dough, about $200 Cdn.

Haven't ordered it -- yet.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Buffeting?

Mabey its because I've always ridden naked bikes or bikes with tiny screens but I don't notice any buffeting on my '07 Wee which always has the screen in the highest position. I'm 5'9", 150 lbs and ride with a Nolan N102 usually with the shield open. I think the problem with the 'Strom is that the screen is situated so far ahead of the rider which makes for a huge area for dirty air to occur in. That Euro-screen sure looks bitchin' though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No response from Pease when I sent an email weeks ago. Someone else pointed me to Robinsons Foundry. Got a response next day:

Screen is £55.28
Shipping is £40.00 by standard Air Mail (to Canada)

That's a lot of dough, about $200 Cdn.

Haven't ordered it -- yet.

Thanks, I got a response from them already. They have none available in the country and don't know when more will be in stock. :(

I guess it will have to wait.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Euro Sport Windshield

I got this windshield from Robinsons Foundry. They were great, fast service and delievery. I the shield-looks great and no head whipping! The shield is great for the Arizona weather. To me it was definately worth the money.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
A few weeks ago someone posted that they were manufacturing and selling shorty screens. I forget the details, but I'm sure someone does. Bueller?

·
I'll be back
623 Posts
Lost 3 inches and now I have a shorty

I was inspired by MonkeyGrass and the long post regarding choping a shield down. However... I don't own a dremmel and I can be kind of lazy. So I googled "plastic fabrication" and found quite a few places that had experience with "crazy motorcyclists". So I dropped my shield off for two days. I now feel like I am riding a different bike! Cost me 35 dollars. I asked them to keep the same top profile, take off 3 inches and buff the edges. Anyway... just another option (not better or worse)

I am new to using a forum like this so I was having trouble inserting a photo. Any experts out there who are feeling generous... I sure could use a PM on how to insert photos into the post instead of tiny thumbnails

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts