StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to retrieve the big strom and ride it down from Wisconsin to my new home near Asheville. Guess I'll prolly knock out some slab miles in to Ky, but thinking there might be some good routes other than going down 75 to 40 through Knoxville.
Any help or thoughts??

·
Registered
56 Posts
If nothing better appears:
Last year a fellow Strommer and I rode 25E out of Corbin, to Hwy 70 in Newport, to Del Rio. In Del Rio we turned south on 107 to Round Mountain Road, on to Max Patch Rd, 209, then hammered it down I-40 into Asheville, directly to Patton Avenue and Jack of the Wood.
A little gravel, totally safe if traveling solo, but you get to cross into God's country away from the cage drivers.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Find your way to Hwy 421 and then when you get to Kingsport, TN head south on US23/Future I-26 to Asheville.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
After you pass Johnson City and if get-homitis hasn't set in, pick up 19W, take it to 19E to just past Burnsville, hang a right on 197 through Pisgah National Forest back to I26 just North of Weaverville. Great chance to do a full chickestripectomy.

You will have gone out of your way by at least an hour, but you're on a damn motorcycle make for these kinds of roads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
when you making this ride? I'm in Louisville there's a ton of great roads around Ky, I think 127 isn't far from 75 in northern Ky and runs into Tenn. I went to the dragon a couple years ago and took all back roads there and back. Eastern Ky has a lot of great twisty roads being in the mountains but I havnt rode them. I've been wanting to get out on a trip this year anyway I can meet you and ride with you. if all else fails get a map and look for 3 digit roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts