StromTrooper banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
"Loud pipes piss people off........"
Not talking shit, talking obnoxious noise pollution and how MOST people do not like noisy bikes and, more importantly, that there are laws to inhibit such noise.
And I live in "rural America" and want to be a good neighbor wherever I go....

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Over here in Europe — which is positively bike friendly c compared with the US — there are many places that have either banned bikes completely or adding noice cameras and fining large amounts. In Canada, there is a growing number of locales already banning to planning to ban motorcycles or institute noise cameras. There have also been calls for such in the US. They will get to obnoxious rural eventually.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are loud bike bans during the summer along Pacific Coast Highway in the California beach cities to discourage the noisy biker packs from cruising through. Cops with decibel meters and ticket books at the ready. The cities place large signs warning approaching bikers. Do they also place signs warning of sound cameras?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I pulled the plugs outta my Staintunes yesterday. It’d still pass municipal noise ordinances I imagine. But it’s like a whole new bike. Running through 2nd and third to redline (in the proper locales) is a big grin maker to be sure. Engine feels much much much happier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am one of those enjoy hearing the bike kinda guys. Same with my cars. Sound is one of the pleasures of a happy engine and it is feedback to the rider as well. And in my case, the bike lost 9 pounds. That’s is very significant. And there can be a performance gain as well. In traffic or dense areas I tend to intentionally short shift to keep the revs and sound levels down. At the point super low sound levels or Electric Motos are mandated I will hang up my helmet.

to the OP, Delkevic makes very reasonably priced systems for the DL. Their sound levels are posted for each different muffler. Warning: some are quite loud.

·
Registered
2013 650
117 Posts
What a heated topic this is.

"Loud pipes piss people off........"
Not talking shit, talking obnoxious noise pollution
And I live in "rural America" and want to be a good neighbor wherever I go....
Im a good neighbor up until the point of changing my life for another’s feelings. Yeah the wide open exhaust can grate on your nerves but what right do we have to tell other people how to live?

Never say never.
Unwelcome change can come suddenly and swiftly.
I hear you but if/when it happens the backwoods will see that change last.

Something to boast to be sure
Well it kinda is. God bless America.

Over here in Europe
I heard Europe then bla bla bla😜
Seriously though we Americans can enjoy our freedom while we can.

There are loud bike bans……in ……California
Again, I’m concerned with FREE America, not california or new york (not capitalized on purpose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow. As a newbie, I am taken back by the aggressive nature and judgement of some of those posting. I will have to get me elbows out a bit.

and my purpose for having an exhaust I can hear has nothing to do with look at me. But. Apparently to some that makes me a Whore! Well. So be it. Unfortunately some think this way.

It is a motorcycle. An emotional experience for most. If sound is part of that emotional experience to you, find what you like.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Again, I’m concerned with FREE America, not california
With all the nanny state BS that California has, it is the only state (I think) where splitting lanes is legal (if you care about such things). So there is a little piece of freedom.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts