StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some type of exhaust insert or baffle for 2012 650DL stock exhaust to make it louder. Don鈥檛 want to spend the big bucks for new aftermarket exhaust, just make the stock exhaust louder with out breaking the bank.

鈥ide on馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems that way. Did some YouTube videos and they show cutting off the small 2鈥 pea shooter tube. They did sound a bit louder, but not worth the work. Also wondering how that mod effects performance.

Registered
2013 650
I ride with an organization of bikers on loud ass Harley鈥檚, I put on a louder exhaust (delkevic) so I could have a chance to hear what she鈥檚 doin.
It鈥檚 awesome.

Registered
I split lanes on daily commute so wanted something a bit louder than stock to give the cagers a heads-up of my approaching presence. Researched modifying the stock muffler and ended up with a Danmoto slip-on instead. Usually under $200 if you can find one.

Registered
I split lanes on daily commute so wanted something a bit louder than stock to give the cagers a heads-up of my approaching presence. Researched modifying the stock muffler and ended up with a Danmoto slip-on instead. Usually under $200 if you can find one.
A U-pipe that re-routes the muffler and points the outlet of the exhaust forward will help even further in announcing your presence.

Registered
2013 650
And you ride parade style, block traffic,
got tattoo's and polish yr bike all the time now馃槣?
I think I鈥檝e only washed my bike three times since 2013.
When there are enough of us (riding staggered) we do block traffic to stay together.
The tattoos I already had.
It鈥檚 all for the kids though so I don鈥檛 mind looking odd wearing a cut on a Vstrom.
Know what鈥檚 funny, I have never heard a single person in our organization (and it鈥檚 a big one) talk shit about other groups. Not once. Can鈥檛 say the same about vstrommers.

Registered
Had a Danmoto muffler that came on a Bandit 1200 and it sounded very good and was not too loud. I did have to get a weld fixed once though.

And yes the H-D bashing can get tiresome sometimes. All bikes are cool to me.

Registered
Reactions: Improperly Torqued
1 - 20 of 56 Posts