StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kickstarter is a site for "crowdsourcing" small products, projects and the like. Kickstarter was used to finance a startup with what they claim is a new horn design.

Here on Kickstarter you'll find a Banshee horn that's triggered by the existing switch after a very brief delay (1/4 to 1/2 second, your choice) during which the stock horn functions.

They now have their own website here.

Has anyone tried one? If so, what's your experience? Anyone else have any thoughts on the concept or claims?

Thanks very much

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
That seems like a pretty good idea.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'm still waiting on mine. It was paid for over a month ago. Buyer beware. :yikes:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
That seems like a pretty good idea.
I'm not giving up yet, they apparently have supplier problems and think they can still get Stebel horns.

I'll get indignant in a few days.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
if I NEED a loud horn

if I NEED a loud horn
I need it now - no delays, please

·
Registered
167 Posts
wondering about how loud a horn a person needs and why so many opt to pay high prices,,, the twin horns on my old 82 gold wing are pretty damn loud and since all the v-45's an v 65's had the same horns , they would prob be a bargain solution to the kiddie car horns that suzuki puts on these bikes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Like others, I agree the idea sounds good on paper.

but in practice, there are times when the (loud) horn needs to be loud now, right now, immediately, the idiot is a foot from hitting me loud, no delay please.

bad idea imho.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I got an email from Peter at Banshee yesterday - they should be shipping out their first systems within a week to ten days.

Usually I'd be pretty indignant too about such a long wait, but IMHO this is what you have to expect with Kickstarter - we were "backers" of a venture in the early days, not retail purchasers. Since they needed to raise money prior to doing the procurement/distribution/manufacturing deals, the delays should not be entirely unexpected.

Anyways....looking forward to getting mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts