StromTrooper banner

Lost power to gauges and turn signals

974 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Fox 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

My battery still starts my engine fine, but I lost all power to my gauges and turn signals. Anyone ever experience this - is this likely a fuse issue?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome aboard!

Assuming you have checked that the battery connections are good the next thing to check is the large plug that goes to the dash on the left side of the cowling. Not being plugged in correctly, corrosion and bent pins are things to look for.

..Tom

#3 ·
Welcome.

Please fill in your profile where you are etc. and add info about your bike to your signature so you get better answers.

I assume you have no headlight relay kit installed. Once you found the bad connection and fixed it I strongly recommend adding relays for your headlights to reduce the current going thru various connectors that have a tendency to oxidize (and/ or corrode) and then get hot and eventually have no connection.

Let us know what you find.

Here are some examples of what to look for:
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...90.572.7......0....1..gws-wiz-img.gqSKlK6H5LM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.