StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get new keys for my bike. I called the dealer and the guy who made them quit 2 weeks ago. I've called all suzuki dealers in the area and no luck. It was suggested I call a lock smith but no one seems to do motorcycles. Cars yes! motorcycle no! :yikes:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get new keys for my bike. I called the dealer and the guy who made them quit 2 weeks ago. I've called all suzuki dealers in the area and no luck. It was suggested I call a lock smith but no one seems to do motorcycles. Cars yes! motorcycle no! :yikes:
Hi Ladystrom,

I thought you could just give one of the dealers your vin number and they could make a key from that?

Good luck...hope something works out soon!! It's riding time here in norcal!!!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
There is a key number that comes with each new motorcycle. A small plastic tag. There is a place to record the number in your handbook though I doubt anyone does. The number can be used to make a replacement key. Of course your handbook it is most likely locked under the seat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lost keys in sj

I called the dealer right away and they couldn't help. My keys did not come with a little plastic tag with a number on it. The bike was shipped from another dealer in southern cal. Maybe I'll try to give them my vIN number and they can help. And no my riding manual is not below my seat it's in my home and I've read it cover to cover. I must have missed the part where they say record key number here.:headbang:

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Call me.. 213-620-0022. We have a Suzuki franchise. I'll do what I can to help
Chuck
On a somewhat related note, can you help me with getting a properly keyed replacement helmet lock for my DL? My whole lock literally fell off the bike while riding.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Psyop1,

Please don't list farkles in your sig. It screws up search engines when information about a specific modification is the subject of a search.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Psyop1,

Please don't list farkles in your sig. It screws up search engines when information about a specific modification is the subject of a search.
Allright. Just cleaned mine up. It'll screw up anyone just looking for "stuff", though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts