StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 Wees blinkers and flashers totally quit working Today....any ideas where to start? They tried to come on a couple of times and then nothing.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If the fuse is good and also clean, the flasher relay or it's connectors would assumably be your best bet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does someone know where the relay is?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
One thread is enough. You found the relay and said it is okay. How do you know that?

Calm down. Three threads and a PM may cause your head to explode.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was driving today and the signals started to work on and off when i would hit a bump. I put the relay in my neighbors Katana and it worked. the switch is looking like everything is good. Thanks guys. I went from my cell to my laptop and I accidentaly posted twice

·
38,104 Posts
Do you have brake lights? If the brake lights work, the signals fuse is okay. Probably the most common culprit for all the signals being out is the connector at the end of the wiring from the left handlebar switch. It is on the back of the shroud over the radiator.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes. Thet work.

·
38,104 Posts
Look at Post #6, I edited it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All of the connections on the back of the shroud appear ok. They are not loose or anything. I washed it yesterday so im hoping its moisture.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I amble now to wiggle and jerk the bike around and I will get right side only signals...sometimes,
New: If the right side signals ARE working, when I turn on the flasher it cuts everything off. I think the flashers have something to do with it.

Update : Thank all of you so much! I found the problem. The left rear blinker wire was rubbing on the aluminum seat latch.

·
38,104 Posts
You can't just look at stuff. You have to check continuity.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont have a cont tester. I have a multi-meter. I guess I will pick up a cont. tester tomorrow. I am able to see a pattern though...When I turn the key on, the right signals will work but if i move the button and try to select left signal or flasher, then nothing blinks.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
All of the connections on the back of the shroud appear ok. They are not loose or anything. I washed it yesterday so im hoping its moisture.
Mmmm, could be a key clue.......... Check GW's post #11 and make sure the inside of all related connectors are clean and dry and grease them with dielectric grease while you have them apart.

·
38,104 Posts
You can check continuity with the Ohm scale on the multi meter. You are really making sure power is getting to the right places. The multi meter is the perfect tool for that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I am sitting at my girlfriends Starbucks(Shes a manager) and on the ride up here I had right signals only. If I try to use any other signal it cancels everything. However, if I select left signal or flasher mode, while im running over pot holes or bumps the flashers or left signal will try to flicker. ...but the right blinkers work. Looks like ill be turning right a whole bunch until I get those dern hand signals down:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Update: It blew the 15 amp related fuse whiile i was driving and trying to get the signal too work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts