StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening, I was out for a ride tonight and some A**hole backed out of his driveway and into my bike :furious: . I am ok and the bike made it through ok but my left OEM saddlebag did not survive. My question is this, what other bags fit the Suzuki touring rack? I know they are made by SW-Motech but will anything else fit? The Suzuki touring bags were expensive as hell and I would prefer not to buy them again.
Any and all help would be appreciated.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I thought about filing a claim but, the filing the claim would show up on my next renewal. An I am pretty sure that the increase in insurance costs over 3-5 years would be substantially more than a new set of bags.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
File on their insurance, unless it was a hit and run and you have no idea who did it.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
I have a left side bag, silver but it needs a bag to frame latch. Have new silver covers for both sides.
Lemme know if you want.
On mine ,once the bags fell off I got a set of Sea Horse and just bolted them on through the original mounting holes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why don't they pay?

I may have missed something, but it seems to me that the a**hole in question should be paying for damage, with or without insurance. If with insurance for something not your fault, it would be wrong for this to affect your premium. I could be wrong, it just sounds odd. Otherwise, the person should be breaking out a checkbook to cover the new bag.
My $0.02.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Well, I thought about filing a claim but, the filing the claim would show up on my next renewal. An I am pretty sure that the increase in insurance costs over 3-5 years would be substantially more than a new set of bags.
It won't. I bought my bike in the spring of 2007. In the fall of 2007, a deer ran out into the road, and slammed into the side of my bike, causing me to lay it down. My insurance company replaced a whole bunch of stuff. If there was an increase at time of renewal, it was not enough to notice it.

B.L.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mojo is right, his Ins should pay not yours......TD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Insurance

While I appreciate everyone's input regarding the insurance. I am not filing a claim. My wife hit a raccoon last year filed a claim and our insurance increased $300 per year. My insurance increased by $267 just by swapping my BMW to the Vstrom. The cost/benefit is simply not there.

Anyway, what I would like to know is. Are there any other bags that will fit the Suzuki touring-SW Motech manufactured racks? If not that is OK, I was simply looking for an alternative.

Thanks,

Maine

·
Registered
159 Posts
Evening, I was out for a ride tonight and some A**hole backed out of his driveway and into my bike :furious: . I am ok and the bike made it through ok but my left OEM saddlebag did not survive. My question is this, what other bags fit the Suzuki touring rack? I know they are made by SW-Motech but will anything else fit? The Suzuki touring bags were expensive as hell and I would prefer not to buy them again.
Any and all help would be appreciated.
So u must have the guy's tag number, right? His ins. would pay you for a new bag(s). It seems pretty clear who's at fault here. Contact your ins. co. and they will go after the driver who backed into u. Seems to be a pretty staightforward claim.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
While I appreciate everyone's input regarding the insurance. I am not filing a claim. My wife hit a raccoon last year filed a claim and our insurance increased $300 per year. My insurance increased by $267 just by swapping my BMW to the Vstrom. The cost/benefit is simply not there.

Anyway, what I would like to know is. Are there any other bags that will fit the Suzuki touring-SW Motech manufactured racks? If not that is OK, I was simply looking for an alternative.

Thanks,

Maine
You should think about changing insurance companies! I am serious about this! There is no way that your insurance should increase $267 because you have moved from a BMW to a V-Strom. Unless the BMW was in the 1990 realm of age, and your new V-Strom was financed "upside down", you have several speeding tickets, and you are a 25 year old male....

For reference, I live in the same state as you do. For full (good!) coverage, for twelve months, I paid $340 for the 2011 - 2012 season. I have no speeding tickets, and I am over 50 years old.

B.L.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts