StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I already know the answer, both. Hold on a second..... hard to type with a Krispy Kreme in one hand.....ok that's better.

So, I'm about 260 out of the box. I need to upgrade the springs on the Wee. I would appreciate some recommendations on brand of springs, where to buy and what rating would be suggested. I would like to stay on the inexpensive side and try to get the most bang for the buck. I'm going to start with the rear and then the fork springs down the road.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
If you travel at speed then YOU are probably overtaxing both ends

I would bite the bullet and get the whole shock done.

If you don't get religion then you won't need the money for retirement anyway.

Now if I would listen

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I'm at 280# in my one button suit. 3 seasons back I changed the front springs to .95's and removed80% of the the fork dive when braking but the rear end kept doing all sorts of weird things and 2 up was impossible. Got a Sasquatch rebuild and it has been a tremendous improvement over the stock shock. I'm very pleased with these mods.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ha, i like the title of the post, i just dropped from 180 to 160 in the past couple months and I cant flat foot anymore. It took me a couple weeks to figure out what was actually going on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I had read about Sasquatch and sent him an email. He responded with several price quotes. Definitely sounds like the best long term solution. I've already blown my budget with the bike a few farkles. I'll have to wait a while for this. For those that have had the shock rebuild, what was the turn around time?

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Thanks all. I had read about Sasquatch and sent him an email. He responded with several price quotes. Definitely sounds like the best long term solution. I've already blown my budget with the bike a few farkles. I'll have to wait a while for this. For those that have had the shock rebuild, what was the turn around time?
Mine was about 2 weeks and some priority shipping was needed to get it before the end of the second week.

It is probably less time in the off riding season.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine was about 2 weeks and some priority shipping was needed to get it before the end of the second week.

It is probably less time in the off riding season.
I just noticed he is in Boise, ID. Guess where I was just at last week on business? :headbang::headbang::headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts