StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed both hand guards and Adventuretech's mirror extenders and, for the first time ever, my mirrors (both right and left) were blown loose when traveling at highway speeds. I cut my trip short, returned home and tightened them up, but I'm guessing this is no co-incidence. It does appear the hand guards direct wind right up at the mirrors. My question, I guess, is did anyone else run into this and, also, should I use loctite or something to prevent it from happening again?

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
964 Posts
Installing mirror extenders means you had the mirrors off. You probably just didn't tighten them enough.

I had a issue with the stock mirrors on my Vee spinning around on the highway once. Stopped and tightened them up and never happened again. This incident was shortly after... I installed mirror extenders.

·
Registered
56 Posts
lock washers

You should use locktite, I dont put any bolts on without it on the bike but you should always use lock washers or lock nuts also.

·
Vendor
5,241 Posts
You didn't say which part of the mirror was loose. There is an upper cinch nut and a lower nut that tightens into the male stud.

You can use Locktite on the male stud that goes into the mirror extender and on the bolt that goes into the stock mirror post on the handlebar.

If the extender remained in position and it was the mirror arm that moved you need to tighten the upper cinch nut.

I have used mine with handguards cruising up to 95 across some of the states with liberal speed limits with no problems what-so-ever. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

See our instructions page for the mirror extenders and snazzy installation video. Mirror Extender Instructions - AdventureTech, LLC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts