StromTrooper banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Registered
Which is fine if you're the only guy on the road and don't have any dependents. If you're at the track, or out in the middle of nowhere go nuts.

When you're driving around other people you have a responsibility to be in control of your vehicle, that includes gravel roads.
You have assumed that just because I'm not scared of my own shadow I'm a danger to the public, I think it's the exact opposite, I'm not going to be the guy that drifts to the wrong side of the road because he has run out off balls and ability.

I do have dependants and I know they are very happy to have me in their lives.

My bride and I have been partners for over 40 years, on our first date she was 15 years old & I had a Honda 750four with a kit and a cam in it, she knew from that first night what life would be like with me, I left no doubts.

My kids and grandkids also enjoy motorcycles, nothing I have done has scared them off, amongst family and friends if they want a lift I'm the one they want to be on the back of, they know it could be a thrill ride but I have the skills and confidence to get them there safely, at the age of 3 one of my grandsons would ride around our property sitting on the tank and asking me to go "upside down pop" that turned out be "lets do a wheelie pop"

I know I do some very stupid shit & push the limits but my stupidity will only ever put myself at risk and bride knows that even if the worst should happen I did it with a big grin on my face.

Gravel roads are no more scary than the black ones.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

Registered
So you were 18 and dating a 15yr old, was that legal 馃槀 :)...jk,jk
Nothing about that night or my life was legal.

I met her drinking at The Bondi Hotel, it was Xmas night and she had to be home by 11.30pm.

I took her home on my Honda, put my gloves on the speedo as a pillow and had a nap on my bike while she said good night to her family and got changed, she then slipped out the backway and we headed for the city for some more drinks.

When we reached the Kings Cross tunnel I told her to hang on tight, I dropped it down a couple of gears and stuck it up on the back wheel for the length of the tunnel.

We found some more places to drink, some late closers and some early openers, I dropped her back home about 6am to the delight of her very worried family.

As Sunday rider pointed out you could get your "L's", this was learners permit and as such it had no points attached to it so you could rack up as many fines as you could afford but still keep your permit, it was 17 years later that I finally got a genuine licence in my real name.

Once her family got to know me all was forgiven, they could see there was something special going on.

That fist night was her first time on a bike, she was the perfect pillion and has been the perfect wife too.

Reactions: Spec

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Nothing about that night or my life was legal.

I met her drinking at The Bondi Hotel, it was Xmas night and she had to be home by 11.30pm.

I took her home on my Honda, put my gloves on the speedo as a pillow and had a nap on my bike while she said good night to her family and got changed, she then slipped out the backway and we headed for the city for some more drinks.

When we reached the Kings Cross tunnel I told her to hang on tight, I dropped it down a couple of gears and stuck it up on the back wheel for the length of the tunnel.

We found some more places to drink, some late closers and some early openers, I dropped her back home about 6am to the delight of her very worried family.

As Sunday rider pointed out you could get your "L's", this was learners permit and as such it had no points attached to it so you could rack up as many fines as you could afford but still keep your permit, it was 17 years later that I finally got a genuine licence in my real name.

Once her family got to know me all was forgiven, they could see there was something special going on.

That fist night was her first time on a bike, she was the perfect pillion and has been the perfect wife too.
Trouble child, don't even want to know what you did while in daycare 馃槀馃ぃ

Similar love story to mine, minus the motorcycles, couldn't afford one, but it's funny how; "you know when true love comes around" me, still married to my first love, we were both 17 :love:

Reactions: Rolex
41 - 45 of 45 Posts