StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Now that I have a Wee, I want to take a crack at the Loop Road in the Everglades. If anyone doesn't know, it's a 26-mile, gnarly dirt road through the back country. The area is crawling with snakes, gators, bears, panthers and local residents who aren't particularly hospitable to strangers. I wouldn't have tried it on the Beemer, but the Wee should do just fine. I'd rather not do it alone. Is anyone else interested? Lunch at Joanie's Blue Crab Cafe is a good starting point.

·
Registered
332 Posts
That road sounds like a great time. Would you PM me the location? I may have to take a weekend trip down there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That road sounds like a great time. Would you PM me the location? I may have to take a weekend trip down there.
Looks like you and I are the only ones interested. If you want to make the trip, let me know. I'm ready.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Timing, timing!

Depending on the schedule, I might wish to accompany you. I am not so hot on dirt, but I practiced on Newfoundland's gravel, and actually maintained 60 mph for 5 miles, so perhaps this fine bike makes up for my lack of skills.

Keith

·
Registered
332 Posts
How about Sunday? I can work at the HardRock Sat night then meet you Sunday morning. Send me a Pm.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This Sunday won't work for me or for one of my Sarasota friends who has a KLR and wants to make the trip. Maybe we can try for next Sunday.

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
Ive done that on my 1k a couple of times. It's not horribly gnarly.

I might join you though! I'm in Punta Gorda, so you can pick me up on the way here? Let me know.

Ray

·
Registered
251 Posts
loop road

Looks like most everyone who is interested in this run is going on the CC this weekend. Lets all get together and talk it out it looks like a great idea. See you Sat. Curt

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me, it's too hot to make the ride now. Maybe if it cools down in a week or so. One of the guys who works at a local cycle shop and is off on Sunday and Monday would like to go. He's not on this board, so I'll check with him about his schedule.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sunday 11-7 or Monday 1-8 are possibilities. I'm hoping it will cool down enough by then.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK,

How about Sunday, November 14. Since some may be coming from way north, we could meet at 8:30 at I-75 exit 207. As you exit I-75, turn right onto Cattlemen and there is a BP station right there. Joanie's Blue Crab Cafe would be a good place for lunch before hitting the loop road.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts