StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Yes, I'm sure BMW just created that as soon as they heard about the 2014 Suzuki. No doubt they are quaking in their boots at the challenge from Suzuki.:green_lol:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I don't think BMW even consider the V-Strom as competition to this bike.

It's market is the MultiStrada and Caponord.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
This has been in development for a while.

If BMW did anything, perhaps, they allowed the photo leakage to keep potential Adventure bike customers thinking about hanging on to their current ride this Spring until they have a awesome new pricey option to consider.

·
Administrator
17,521 Posts
BMW and Harley have their market pretty much wrapped up, doubt they fear the competiton much. Kudos to BMW for always advancing and coming out with new models and revamps, those Germans know a thing or 2 about doing that well.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The new water head GSA is beautiful, wish I could justify the $$$. I have always wondered, if you go into a hard slider on one of those boxer engines do the cylinders snap off the engine? I understand on the new wet head they are cast into the block and not replaceable.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The new water head GSA is beautiful, wish I could justify the $$$. I have always wondered, if you go into a hard slider on one of those boxer engines do the cylinders snap off the engine? I understand on the new wet head they are cast into the block and not replaceable.
Probably if you hit it hard enough you could but I'll bet it takes a hard hit.
I knew a fellow years back who had a R90 that he rode year round and had toured south America on several times.
On one low side he ground through a valve cover and had a patch made from a piece of scrap metal somewhere in Central America.
On another occasion he low sided on some ice, slid about 20 feet on the cylinder head then gained traction and got the bike upright. He said it was so much fun he went back and did it deliberately a second time.
To be on the save side a pair of drop bars probably wouldn't be a bad thing as extra insurance.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Nice bike but...

No beak please!

19" front wheel is so much better for off road.

I'd love to take a spin on one, but probably not own it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts