Strom Trooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a number of folks, I would like to meet up with some other Strommers for rides and adventures. Well, actually any bike, but since this is a Strom forum.....
I live in Bellingham, WA...
I'm 59, slightly jaded and cynical with much humor. I consider myself to be an intermediate rider. I like back roads, not so much the interstate. I enjoy camping along the way. I am down with any brand of bike, though really loud pipes aren't my thing.

Trip wise anything from long day rides to long weekends to one or two full week trips this coming year. Maybe a Strom-ba-que at my place in April when it gets a bit nicer. Or plan some Vstrom rally somewhere interesting.

In the meantime, how about getting together for Barley Therapy at a local establishment near Bham to "plan" something?

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Maybe a Strom-ba-que at my place in April when it gets a bit nicer.
I like the Strom-ba-que idea!

But....watch out for nvr2old, (below) he'll get you up early, ride all day, and expect you to do the same thing the next day! :surprise:

If you can fit it in this is a fun rally.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/334714-4th-annual-cache-rally-2017-june-9-11-a.html
I live E. of Spokane and if you are ever this way give me a shout and I'll show you around. Retired and often available for rides.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bob, I work in Bham and live in Lynden. My phone is 319-2022. I'd like a riding partner, and a beer or 2 before the season gets here. Let's do it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Touratech Adventure Rally, June 22-25, Plain, WA

Touratech Adventure Rally, June 22-25, Plain, WA. Check out the website on the Touratech site
We went last year, tons of bikes, cool folks, vendors and riding areas. We'll be there again. Many cool classes, games and the KTM demo truck will be there. Big camping area for everyone too

·
Registered
182 Posts
Touratech Adventure Rally, June 22-25, Plain, WA. Check out the website on the Touratech site

We went last year, tons of bikes, cool folks, vendors and riding areas. We'll be there again. Many cool classes, games and the KTM demo truck will be there. Big camping area for everyone too

How were rides out of tt rally? Intermediate rider, newish strommer, enjoy fs roads and moderate level jeep roads. Just not single track if rocky, steep or switchbacky

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I live down south of Seattle a bit. Planning a long day ride sometime in the middle of May if it works out. Keep an eye out for that also.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very Nice!
Thanks all, appreciate the responses. I like the TT rally idea in Plain. Once we get closer to actual "riding season", we can do a bit more planning. Getting south to Seattle will happen, also will get to Spokane as I grew up there and my father still lives there. Need a trip to east side of Priest Lake, haven't been there in 30 years.

Strom-ba-que needs to happen, IMO. My house or maybe a state/county park somewhere.....more on this later.

cforider, I'll give you a call so we can get the Barley Therapy underway.

bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
They had all kinds of rides; from gnarly tough dirt rides to mellow ride on the dirt roads and pavement. There were all kinds of bikes; set up for everything from all dirt to all pavement.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My daughter is going to Western. I could combine a trip to see her and go for a ride, too! Maybe lunch in Winthrop or something. Thumbs up for a Strom-ba-que!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Grokstrom,

Also from B'ham, riding 650 V-strom. 54 yrs old and also a intermediate rider. Looking for someone to ride with this summer who would like to explore some of our local logging roads or pavement. Currently adding a skid plate and new 50/50 tires to tackle the off road stuff, stock tires suck for off road. Call for a meetup 360-202-8437.

Jim

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are imports allowed? Vancouverite (Canada) would be willing to cross the border for a little fun like the Strom-ba-que.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sure seems to me that the season has reached the 'Ham. I'd be interested if a Strom-B-Q comes together, or a beer and a little ride. The Corner Pub makes for a nice scoot and pint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts