Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around this site and pretty much decided to go with the 2014 VStrom 1000. I see one on eBay for $11498 out the door. I would get it if I didn't have a trade to deal with. I guess my question is are these things going to be discounted that much all over or is this some kind of fluke? My dealer said he should have one in by April.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
OverDose,
I believe there may not be an excessive number of Vee2's delivered to dealers. I believe the demand is high now and production/delivery may not be able to keep up. My dealer, Sportline in Queensbury, told me today that he only ordered 3-4 Vee2's for the season. I can't imagine that dealers will be discounting these for a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OverDose,
I believe there may not be an excessive number of Vee2's delivered to dealers. I believe the demand is high now and production/delivery may not be able to keep up. My dealer, Sportline in Queensbury, told me today that he only ordered 3-4 Vee2's for the season. I can't imagine that dealers will be discounting these for a while.
That's what I thought. Seems to good to be true.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
It just depends. Some dealers discount their stuff from day one. It's their MO. Others list bikes on the floor at MSRP. My multi-line local dealer does the latter, but they will deal if you are serious. And if I remember, when the new Wee came out in 2012, there was a heavy demand up until around August or so. But then Suzuki caught up and the rest is history; there are still 2012 leftover Wees out there. It will be interesting to find out how many new Vees the factory is planning to produce compared to the new 650 in 2012. They might sell the same percentage (or more) of new 1000s that are manufactured (compared to the new 650 in 2012), but they might make far less new 1000s than they did new 650s in 2012. If so, the number of available bikes this season might be far less than the Glee even.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My local dealer said he will match the $11,450 OTD price. I'm going to place a deposit and get it on a contract-When I do I'll post the dealer name. Apparently, that price is doable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts