StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows of trails from muskoka area thru Algonquin area that the bikes are allowed on?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be a four day ride, around ontario going to abandon places. Will post when we get it work out.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I want in , but no angry loggers :furious:

Alex .
I did the K&P again this year and was laughing in my helmet when I went by that spot!

I am not sure if he posts on Stromtrooper, but Joe Enberg on the Facebook group did an abandon rides last year and likely has a lot of good information for you guys on this trip. I believe both of you guys are on it already but if you need his contact info let me know.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Algonquin West Entry

Wondering if anyone knows of trails from muskoka area thru Algonquin area that the bikes are allowed on?
Not sure if you're interested, but there's a back entrance into Algonquin on the West side.
Follow Hwy.11 north of Huntsville, about 15 kms. to Elmvale, take Hwy 518 East to town of Kearney. I believe there's a gas station in Kearney.
Follow 518 around Sand Lake, at the North end of Sand Lake, watch for Forest Tower Road on the Right. That's a great run up into Algonquin near Tim Lake. Lots of forestry roads...bring your GPS !

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
thats exactly what we are looking for. exploring!
Then you might also like the Deadhorse Trail that is right off Forest Tower Rd in that same area. Lot's of forest roads and ATV trails up there.

On the east side of the park, heading north out of Barry's Bay is a nice loop into the park that leads you Hwy60 - careful of private roads and park access roads, I have not been on this route, but it was highly recommended to me. Then you can ride through the park and hit up the east side forest roads. https://goo.gl/maps/n6dVNUCQBUG2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts