StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of Metzeler Tourances on my Wee and I'm wondering if there is a recommended tire pressure for them. I currently have 40 psi in the front and 41 in the rear, but as I really haven't been able to get the bike out for a decent ride yet, I don't know if that's too much, not enough, the wrong ratio of front to rear pressures or what. I also realize that tire pressure recommendations can be rather subjective, as well, but I'd appreciate the collective experiences here. The Metz's are a new tire experience for me.

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The VIN Tag on the side of the bike tells you the recommended tire pressures. As long as you didn't change tire size you should be good with those numbers.

33 front
41 rear

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've got tourances and found that I like my pressures higher than the recommendation on the swing arm sticker . I keep my rear tire at about 40 psi and the front at 38 or so. So I think you're in the ball park. Just takes trial and error.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
13,741 Posts
Somewhat depends on your weight, but I have found 42ish for the rear to work well and 40ish for the front to work well. (and I'm a big guy around 240 pounds.)

The factory recommendation for the front seems way too low in many people's opinions.

..Tom

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
tires

For me depends on time of year, in colder weather I use less pressure warmer more. I do the ride until tire,s are warmed up check to make sure pressure is in the 10 % difference range. 40 psi cold =44psi warm. My riding season is from freezing to 100f

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
pressure

On my Vee I keep 36 in the front and the rear when solo and light 41 and fully loaded with touring gear and passenger 44.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also, check with Metzeler customer support. I know on some of their bias-ply cruiser tires, they actually recommend some bikes use pressures as high as about 8psi over the bike mfg's recommended specs on *some* of their tires.

They muddy that water further by also having bias and radial tires with the same name in some of their lines. Don't go looking for consistency. :headbang:

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Also, check with Metzeler customer support. I know on some of their bias-ply cruiser tires, they actually recommend some bikes use pressures as high as about 8psi over the bike mfg's recommended specs on *some* of their tires.

They muddy that water further by also having bias and radial tires with the same name in some of their lines. Don't go looking for consistency. :headbang:
not only bias ply cruiser tires

Karoo Ts that fit on our V-strom, go to website, they recommend F38/R41 iirc (maybe the bar equivalent) while the sidewall of tire specs max load at 35psi, I have learned to understand is not maximum pressure for the tire but the minimum pressure you must maintain to support the maximum load the tire is rated for, if your are running less than maximum load, you can run lower pressure, how much? your guess is as good as mine

I've learned from experience of wearing out tires, what pressures work for me , my weight and riding style, what pressures that give me the most even wear and longest useful life ( I have been known to throw away a 60% tread tire cause I didn't like it or how it was wearing )

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts