StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My strategy explained in the thread "Stock Market were is the Bottom?" has paid off more than I dreamed. I expect to easily get to my holy grail retirement point in the next year or two. Maybe much faster.

So I am hoping to find the right person to tak over Adventuretech. If you are seiously interested, know what it takes to buy a business like this, are mechanically inclined, give me call.

Meanwhile Adventuretech will continue as before, and I expect seamlesly into the future, or I will just keep going into retirement, but maybe reducing the scope of our inventory.

Then it will be time to do the TAT, ride to dead horse, host a few rallys, etc.

Nothing is happening fast so everything is normal relative to future and existing orders.

I hope the right person steps up. It would just be nice to see Adventuretech go on.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Congratulations !!!
It always makes me happy when a small biz family can retire by leaving "out the top".

·
Vendor
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all, but it won't happen overnight. I'm expecting it will take a while to find the right guy(s) and even longer to complete a seemless transition (from the customers point of view). But today is a good day (after a string of very good days).

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Nice that your investment plans and portfolio is growing well. Mine is almost back up to the point of the drop. When America does get back open hopefully the market will continue to grow at a decent rate.
Don't do what a friend did when he sold his business. He had promised a fellow he would sell it to him. The company whose product he trucked told him they would NOT deal with the guy he was selling to. Did he insist on a bank loan so that he would get his money and the other fellow would be left holding the debt? Heck no. Hand shake, wink, wink, oh shucks I can't pay you now since I'm not hauling any freight.
A lot of small business owners just don't make good business men.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Take a look at Outback Motortek - Adventure Bike Accessories. If you think there's enough overlap, I'd be happy to make an introduction. I have your products all over my machine and they continue to perform flawlessly, years after purchase.

Personally I'd love to take over, but I'm a full-time software engineer and part-time renovation engineer, zero time to be a motorcycle accessory engineer to boot. :)

Congrats on reaching your independence! You're welcome to crash at my place if you ever road-trip through this area.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,101 Posts
Wow, great news Rick! Happy for you, but I'll hate to see you go. I have a bunch of stuff on my Vee bought from you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wish I had the capital to entertain the thought. A 3 year battle with Lyme disease killed our finances. I was an auto tech for 24 years before I had to stop. Now that I'm 75% recovered or so, I have been looking to enter a different facet of the mechanical world. As I said, I wouldn't even pretend to be a candidate and waste your time, so I wish you the best of luck in finding the right person who checks all the right boxes. Enjoy your "retirement".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts