StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to do the mod to do the throttle body syncing procedure, but have not been able to find where the hose sizes are and where to hook them up to the throttle bodies. I want to set the Vee up so it;s ready to do a TBS.

Can anyone direct me to that thread or mod page?

Thx

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All i could find is "How to" ref the throttle body sync, not the mod to connect the vacuum tubing and connectors for the TBS procedure. Am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
16,886 Posts
It's in that procedure isn't it? If not it's as simple as pulling off the rubber caps, and installing the vac tubing extensions from the front/rear TB ports. You'll have to find the proper diameter male adapters for the ends of the lines, and then re-use the TB nipples if they aren't damaged. You can also use golf tees to plug the line extensions as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it. Evidentially, I needed two cups of coffee this morning before trying to read simple directions...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If I remember correctly, the nipples with the rubber stoppers are on the lower part of the throttle body, very near the cylinder. Look for a black rubber "cap" that looks like a tiny black nose of a rocket. It's only about 1/4" long, if that. Good luck. Long nose pliers will be your friend.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oddly enough, when I adjusted (or attempted to adjust) my TB's, I started off with fluids in each jar even, and when I started bike back up after hooking up hoses, the fluids never changed. I adjusted the screw back and forth with hardly any movement of fluid. It actually never changed. The bike seems to be running fine so far. I have done the TB's a few years back with my other Vstrom, and not sure why this time didn't change other than it wasn't in need.

Any thoughts?

·
Farkle Purchasing System
1,535 Posts
Oddly enough, when I adjusted (or attempted to adjust) my TB's, I started off with fluids in each jar even, and when I started bike back up after hooking up hoses, the fluids never changed. I adjusted the screw back and forth with hardly any movement of fluid. It actually never changed. The bike seems to be running fine so far. I have done the TB's a few years back with my other Vstrom, and not sure why this time didn't change other than it wasn't in need.

Any thoughts?
Your apparatus is leaky. It has to be.

I did my first (and so far only) TBS with a homemade apparatus like you describe. I found that it was VERY sensitive to even small adjustments. Eventually I had to settle for "only a tiny amount of transfer from one jar to the other" rather than perfect balance in vacuum.

Next time I do a TBS, I'm either buying a proper carb sync tool or making the yardstick-and-tubing-and-ATF type. The two jars setup is too sensitive and too easy to accidentally knock over (and then you have a mess!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts