StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a number of folks with the Wolfman Explorer bag. What other strap on type bags do people have that they like? I don't want magnetic for various reasons. Anyone have one that they really don't like and willing to say why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Hancockbs said:
There seems to be a number of folks with the Wolfman Explorer bag. What other strap on type bags do people have that they like? I don't want magnetic for various reasons. Anyone have one that they really don't like and willing to say why?
Explorer for me. Map case gets wet when sitting rain, but then agian its not supposed to be waterproof.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
I use the SW-Motech quick-lock tankbag. It's not magnetic or strap-on, but locks onto a ring that you bolt to the gascap. The bag doesn't touch the tank so there's no chance of scratching. A bit expensive but overall I'm happy with it. I use it on my commute daily and find it handy. It snaps securely onto the ring in a second and comes off just as quickly with a pull on a little lanyard. The bag itself isn't waterproof but it comes with a rain cover that keeps it fairly dry.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently picked up a Nelson-Rigg large strap mount Tank Bag. I love the quality of it plus the fabric interior allows me to put velcro dividers from a camera bag in it. So with the cushioned dividers I can securely put my slr and video camera in there. Plus it has detachable backpack straps. Unfortunately it is just a hair too big for the bike and the tanks odd shaped surface. When I strap it down tight enough it still slides a little. Anyway I recently ordered the Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak Tank Bag. Supposed to be just a little smaller, but hopefully still big enough to put my SLR with extras in it. Some other pluses are the large clear map pocket on top, the large two side pockets, rain cover with elastic at the bottom, and the bag has a slight curve to it on the bottom to accomodate sloped tanks.
Here's a pic to click on. A little grainy but shows the size of it on the tank.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I'm interested to hear how you like the new one and how it fits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
It you don't need a huge tank bag the Cortech Super Mini Mag bag rocks the house on a Strom. And check this out. Just sixty bucks. Very nice.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback. I have settled on the Wolfman Explorer and ordered one from Aerostch today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
MWValley said:
It you don't need a huge tank bag the Cortech Super Mini Mag bag rocks the house on a Strom. And check this out. Just sixty bucks. Very nice.
I like it too...

A lot of folks get the next bigger bag, but the dimensions have it only about 1.5" longer, and that little bag is awful cool and sits perfect!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,225 Posts
I've used a 15L Teardrop Marsee for more than a year. . . . un-expanded it seems to hold a ton including my D70s Nikon and all this "stuff":

Gloves, Inner
Straps, Blue, 1 pair
Whistle & compass
Waterproof matches in case
Hanky
Hat
Visine
Sunglasses
Sun screen
Reading glasses
Quarters, 1 pkg
Motrin
Micro screwdriver set
Insect repellent
Hairbrush, small
Foldup scissors
Felt Pen
Earplugs
Cordstops
Flashlite, Maglite, small
Bandaids
Flashlite, yellow swivel head
$ 20 bill
HandiWipes
Key # Tag
Straps, Black, 1 pair
Owners manual
Bungee cords, 4
12V Female receptacle for Powerlet
Copy of DL, Insurance, Registration
Visor, spare, Tinted
Throttle Wrist rest
Leatherman
Mosquito repellent
Carmex
Tire pressure guage
Side Stand Plate
Chapstick
Sunscreen


Yea I know too much "stuff"':roll:'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Cortech Super Mini Mag

I've got the cortech super mini, and it works perfectly for my daily commute and quick weekend rides. The small size sits perfectly on top of the wee strom tank, and the shape looks much better than a big old rectangular bag. Although it's small, it holds quite a bit. Mine holds the following with room to spare: elkskin roper gloves, cell, dig. camera (large old model), led flashlight, knife, sunglasses/case, earplug case, altiods mints, snack, wallet, garage opener, pen, tire gauge, notepad, small towel. The little front zippered pocket holds the rain cover and earplug case. The large zipper pulls are easy to use with gloves too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Hancockbs said:
There seems to be a number of folks with the Wolfman Explorer bag. What other strap on type bags do people have that they like? I don't want magnetic for various reasons. Anyone have one that they really don't like and willing to say why?
I have an Explorer. I usually keep it stuffed in the expanded mode with the usual stuff when on a long trip. Two years ago, I wrecked my GS with an Explorer loaded as usual. I discovered that a fully packed tank bag acts like an airbag during a quick stop. I went into a ditch and stopped suddenly in the mud when the front wheel hit a hidden log. The tank bag kept me from going into or over the windshield and saved me from maybe serious injuries.

I now keep mine on at all times and stuffed with towells or other soft bulky material.

Some food for thought!

Hutch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Re: Cortech Super Mini Mag

csr67 said:
I've got the cortech super mini, and it works perfectly for my daily commute and quick weekend rides. The small size sits perfectly on top of the wee strom tank, and the shape looks much better than a big old rectangular bag. Although it's small, it holds quite a bit. Mine holds the following with room to spare: elkskin roper gloves, cell, dig. camera (large old model), led flashlight, knife, sunglasses/case, earplug case, altiods mints, snack, wallet, garage opener, pen, tire gauge, notepad, small towel. The little front zippered pocket holds the rain cover and earplug case. The large zipper pulls are easy to use with gloves too.
Any problems with the magnets messing with your credit/bank cards?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top