StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the "how to" section above, but I think that was the wrong place to do that, so I am posting it again here. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

I am mounting the J&M JMCB2003 CB radio on my '09 ABS Wee. Since I don't have a shop manual and an owner's manual didn't come with the bike (bought it used) I need some input on where to tap into a switched source of electrical power. I am guessing that the place to tap in would be one of the wires coming from the underside of the fuse holder. The question is, which one? I would appreciate some guidance here before I get into it any further, as I am not familiar with the ABS model. Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Install the Eastern Beaver PC-3 or PC-8 instead. Then you have many options and don't need to splice into your existing wiring. Easy to install and not that expensive.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you don't get an Eastern Beaver connector and still want to tap a bike wire,
Basic V-Strom Wiring 101
Thanks for the link. I read through that and it is very informative. For now I will do the wire splice, but I think that the long winter up here will provide time enough to order up the Eastern Beaver kit and really do it right. Right now, I can't afford to pass up a decent day for riding. LOL.

BTW, thanx for deleting the other, same post I did. I just didn't know how to delete it myself, so I figured you'd rise to the occasion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just buy a Suzuki horn pigtail assembly. Find the unused connector behind the radiator for the heated grips (providing you don't already have grips installed) and plug it in...make sure you fuse it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts