StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Are you looking for the computer USB cable for the Suzuki Diagnostic System, the cable with a switch to put a bike into dealer mode or what exactly? If the latter, what year and model bike do you have?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking for the computer USB cable for the Suzuki Diagnostic System, the cable with a switch to put a bike into dealer mode or what exactly? If the latter, what year and model bike do you have?
Looking for the USB for the Suzuki Diagnostic System.
My Brother already has the software, however cannot find the cable.

It would be for an 650k7

·
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you're looking for the actual USB cable you can pick one up at any electronics store. Even the usb cable from your printer will work. Anything that has Type A and B ends.

·
38,048 Posts
The type A end fits into a computer. The other end fits into the bike's diagnostic port pictured, without the jumper of course, for 2004 and later models.

·
Registered
22,265 Posts
The cable is only sold to dealers and licensed shops, not individuals. You can check with HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro, X-TRE, FI Tuner Pro, OBD Tool to see if the cable for their OBD tool will work and if they sell it separately.
reviving this thread to see if anyone has experience with this kit, its capabilities and what it will do for you ?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
38,048 Posts
I have it. It's handy for setting the TPS by degrees with the engine off. I've cleared stored codes with it. It should make a TBS more accurate but I haven't felt the need to do it yet. It's also fun to see the readouts of what the engine is doing.

·
38,048 Posts
The HealTech OBD tool plugs into the dealer mode connector. It uses the same diagnostics the bike computer does but identifies the problem by name. For example, a problem with an intake air pressure sensor will show up as an FI on the display unless you put the bike in dealer mode when it will show a C13. The OBD tool will show something like C13 Intake Air Pressure Sensor (IAPS). The tool will show past as well as present faults and allow you to clear past faults from memory. You can download the software at HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro, X-TRE, FI Tuner Pro, Brake Light Pro, MM5, OBD Tool and plug in various sample files to see what functions are available.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Scanner Connector

The type A end fits into a computer. The other end fits into the bike's diagnostic port pictured, without the jumper of course, for 2004 and later models.

So one end goes into the computer but, How do you connect the other end of the USB type A to those 2 red cables??

Is there any of those APPs for computers we can free download?
Thanks!

·
38,048 Posts
The picture is just showing how to short the white/red and black/white wires on the bike together to have the code show up on the bike's display. FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes

I once had the HealTech Suzuki OBD tool which will connect the dealer mode terminal to a computer. It includes a cable with the terminal connector on one end and a USB connector for a computer on the other end and the software to load on the computer. HealTech Electronics OBD Tool for Suzuki

There is no APP or free software I've heard of. Since this thread was started, other manufacturers have marketed tools for less. I don't know how well they work. Google suzuki motorcycle obd tool for a look at what is available.

·
Registered
292 Posts
So one end goes into the computer but, How do you connect the other end of the USB type A to those 2 red cables??

Is there any of those APPs for computers we can free download?
Thanks!
So after searching and searching for my diagnosis port on my 2003 DL1000, I just read it is a 4 pin connector 02 2002/2003 models located under the left rear side cover. It has two wires also.

Can someone confirm to put the ECU into dealer more I jump those two wires together?

·
Registered
84 Posts
So after searching and searching for my diagnosis port on my 2003 DL1000, I just read it is a 4 pin connector 02 2002/2003 models located under the left rear side cover. It has two wires also.

Can someone confirm to put the ECU into dealer more I jump those two wires together?
If you are talking about withe four pin coupler with ruber cup on it then yes, it should be dealer mode cupler. 2 wires connected to it on opposite corners.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts