StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
I hit the Glendora Mtn Road/Baldy circuit somewhat frequently. I'se got a buddy on top a hill on the est side of Redlands that I should bother more often . Going to Idylwild or Big BEar lake area is a good idea. I'm an hour west in Pasadena.
Are you a retired old fart with days free also?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good run as well. I'm still young which equates to me working, but I do have the weekends available. If your interested in riding just let me know. I was thinking of doing a ride through Julian as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went on a ride today on the back roads near Lake Arrowhead. Aloe of nice trails. I must say I am very impressed with how well my WEE-STROM performed.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
That first pic of the trail looks a bit more gnarly than I'd be happy with. My dirt skills suck. I noticed you seem to have the same tires of similar.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm down for riding. I'm in Calimesa.

I rode the 243 over to Lake Hemet on Friday and stopped in Idyllwild for lunch.

I've also done some light off-roading in the San Bernardino National Forest.
I rather like all the winding roads in the area, just moved here from Oxnard last month.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That first pic of the trail looks a bit more gnarly than I'd be happy with. My dirt skills suck. I noticed you seem to have the same tires of similar.
It was pretty rough. Stock tires. Very impressed with the bike. There's a jeep trail by Lake Arrowhead that's perfect for the Strom. I'm looking to explore it further in the weeks to come.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is anyone available to ride during the week? Mon-Fri?

Since I'm new to the San Bernardino area, I'm free to ride all week for at least the rest of this week and possibly next until my new job starts.

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
"There's a jeep trail by Lake Arrowhead"

Do you mean the dirt section of Hwy173? It says 'road closed ' 1/2 mile from the turn off following the Mojave river into Hesperia. I've seen the top end in Arrowhead too. Never followed the whole thing.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Do you mean the dirt section of Hwy173? It says 'road closed ' 1/2 mile from the turn off following the Mojave river into Hesperia. I've seen the top end in Arrowhead too. Never followed the whole thing.
Is CA-173 still closed to all vehicle traffic? I was hoping to ride over from Calimesa to Hesperia that way.

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
That's what the sign says on the west end looking east. "Closed 1/2 mile" When I drove up it with the wife she didn't want to go any further...so we didn't. I think if my be local traffic only. Probably a sign put up by locals to keep out riif raff like me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

It's not the 173 but it's off the 173.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm down for Julian, meet up at Lake Elsinore. I'm coming from roughly the 57 and the 60. Assume you mean basically Temecula, Pala, Lake Hinshaw, Julian, Anza Borrego, Warner Springs and back again, more or less.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm down for Julian, meet up at Lake Elsinore. I'm coming from roughly the 57 and the 60. Assume you mean basically Temecula, Pala, Lake Hinshaw, Julian, Anza Borrego, Warner Springs and back again, more or less.
anyone want to try and meet up this weekend?

·
Registered
86 Posts
anyone want to try and meet up this weekend?
Short notice for Julian. But I'm available Sunday morning if you want to try something in the up to 100 miles or so range. May meet up in Capistrano, then up Ortega Hiway to Lake Elisnore and back. Wildomar OHV if you want to try your hand off road (though not as nice as Otay)

Saturday I'm riding out of the BMW Motorcycles dealership in Long Beach. Look on their website for more info. Basically a ride from the dealer, private tour of some racing museum around Duarte, then to Mt. Baldy for lunch. The BMW guys are nice enough, but I would like to meet some more Strommers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts