StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Newport News. A Club I belong to is riding tomorrow for a charity event to support a guy's family. He died and now his daughter is stuck with the bills.

We are meeting at the H-D Shop in Yorktown and will ride up to Toano and back down on the Glouchester side and stop for lunch.

Any time y'all don't mind riding with a KLR, lets set something up!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel like such a dork. I posted this thread then got called out of town for a couple weeks and forgot all about it.

Roger, I am not really set up for the long rides yet but hope to be sometime in the near future.

CPTD, if I had not had my head up my *ss that would have been a fun ride for me to go on. Please catch me on the next one. KLR and all:D

Vstrom134, you got some nice country around Williamsburg. Hows the riding?

I will be keeping an eye on the thread this time.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all,

Just got here about two weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to get the bike out to ride around here yet. Kind of want to learn the area first, ya know? I've been looking at the maps for a good place where there wouldn't be a lot of traffic. Was looking at the southern area of the Navy base south of VA Beach. Looks like there aren't any real roads, but some trails. Any suggestions? Oh, I'm in Newport News.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hi all,

Just got here about two weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to get the bike out to ride around here yet. Kind of want to learn the area first, ya know? I've been looking at the maps for a good place where there wouldn't be a lot of traffic. Was looking at the southern area of the Navy base south of VA Beach. Looks like there aren't any real roads, but some trails. Any suggestions? Oh, I'm in Newport News.
When I go for day rides I usually head down into NC or head west towards the Petersburg area. There are several smaller/nicer roads in those areas. I've only been on afew dirt roads in NC but I'd like to find some more.

I usually just spend some time on Mapsource and string together some small country roads, not many twisties or mountains around here but you can put together a pretty nice ride if you have a GPS.

There's also some smaller roads around the northern penninisula.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I am pretty new here myself. I am sure that if none of the old hands from around here want to go we could figure somthing out. Maybe outside of Williamsburg or something like that?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'll be riding this sunday (31 st) with a couple of guys from the Concours Owners Group.

We'll be leaving the McDonalds near my house at 1000 (McDonald's
5349 Indian River Road, VA Beach, VA 23464).

Not sure of the route yet (I'm off today and will be working on it) but it'll be south into NC to a lunch stop somewhere as yet determined. I'll post up more info later today.

My cell is 757-636-4910

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll post up more info later today.
Well,

It's later in the day :devil_70:

where are you going to lead us to this time?

I have rid'n with roger afew times, he does a lot of back roads, and has always been good rid'n

but he's still an evil GPS tour guide :rofl::bom_grin:

lets get out there and ride!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It's a secret but the name of the place we'll be stopping at for lunch uses the letters "B.B.Q", it's on a small road and it's in NC. Is that enough info?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Had a nice ride today. 100 or so miles to lunch the 100 or so more home.

Tom's Connie, Mike's Vee and my Wee:

Lunch stop (Paul's Connie, Tom's Connie, my Wee and Mike's Vee):

Impromptu stop to make sure the Connie's fairings were still attached after a "spirited" RR Crossing :devil_70::

1 - 20 of 54 Posts