StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

I'm driving down from Charleston and will be camping at Flagler beach the second week of may. I'm looking for reccomendations for some good day trip type rides. Usually ill ride into the Ocala National forest and check out the various springs. Or I take A1A and hit Daytona or St Augustine. When I look at the. Map there seems like a lot of roads worth checking out, I thought I'd try to get some local knowledge first.

Dom

·
Registered
249 Posts
ride route

Hey, did this first time today. From Flagler go south on a1a to hwy 40 and turn right. Go over the causeway and go right on N Beach St. Go up to Walter
Boardman Ln and turn right. There is one more right to get back to a1a. I don't the name of it but should be marked for senic drive. Not a long ride but very pertty. A longer ride take take 100 to 17 to 19 to 310 to 315 to 318 to 301 N to 325 to Cross Creek, Fl. The Yearling resturant is there. Thats where the author was from. It's not cheap, about 10 bucks for sandwiches at lunch, but it is a cool place. It is open I think 12 to 8 Thur to Sun. They usally have an old guy playing the blues there. Also pertty much all the roads in the forest are good to ride. I,m headed back to Illinois, found a lot of good rides and friends down here, I'm going to miss it. Dave :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Downtown Historic Deland has lots of eateries, shops, artsy-fartsy boutiques, etc........and beautiful Stetson University Campus nearby. Not "a ride", but a good stopping point along the way. Tomoka State Park is right there next to Flagler.........good slow ridin there.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, did this first time today. From Flagler go south on a1a to hwy 40 and turn right. Go over the causeway and go right on N Beach St. Go up to Walter
Boardman Ln and turn right. There is one more right to get back to a1a. I don't the name of it but should be marked for senic drive. Not a long ride but very pertty. A longer ride take take 100 to 17 to 19 to 310 to 315 to 318 to 301 N to 325 to Cross Creek, Fl. The Yearling resturant is there. Thats where the author was from. It's not cheap, about 10 bucks for sandwiches at lunch, but it is a cool place. It is open I think 12 to 8 Thur to Sun. They usally have an old guy playing the blues there. Also pertty much all the roads in the forest are good to ride. I,m headed back to Illinois, found a lot of good rides and friends down here, I'm going to miss it. Dave :yesnod:
That Walter Boardman loop is Fantastic. I've ridden it many times. I'll pull up google maps and check out the other route you mentioned.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Downtown Historic Deland has lots of eateries, shops, artsy-fartsy boutiques, etc........and beautiful Stetson University Campus nearby. Not "a ride", but a good stopping point along the way. Tomoka State Park is right there next to Flagler.........good slow ridin there.

I've not been to Deland since I was 12 or so. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I just looked at that longer route. It looks like it would be interesting is it paved?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts