StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DL1000 Adventure with the Suzuki clamshell cases. This is completely different than the open-top Givi cases that I'm used to. I'm looking at installing some Velcro pockets or netting to keep things secure. My intent is to have everyday items (gloves, sunglasses, etc.) secured to the lid portion. As it is right now, when I open the case it's god's own mystery what's going to fall out.

Also, any ideas for a cup holder? I stopped at McDonalds yesterday and had a hell of a time with the drink.

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
I got a zippered pocket pouch from some INS vendor at a rally and it's perfect for keeping little things from being loose in my top box. I put some industrial sticky back velcro on it and it stays put in the top box.
Looking at school supplies and camping gear stuff, you may find useable pouches you can adapt for your purposes.
Wally Mart has some handy inexpensive stuff sacks in the sports section that may work.work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cheap sunglasses case or clip, maybe some milsurp pouches... velcro'd or epoxied to lid and some of the bungee like netting they sell for car trunks wold probably work well to prevent the gear sliding out when you open them. I'd also consider adding something to keep the lids from opening all the way 180 degrees to something less than 100 degrees. Maybe a bit of paracord on the side glued at each end would do.

Might also consider some of the rare earth magnets for under $5 at radio shack for attaching pouches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts