StromTrooper banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I can have any colour I want, as long as it's black.
And as I and another poster said, if I bought the base model, I'd never drop the coin necessary to add the accessories (and the quality of accessories) that the 2016 has.
The 2016 has pretty much exactly the farkles I'd want, and none that I wouldn't. But I know I'd be on eBay or AliExpress buying junk and telling myself it'll be "Good enough".

View attachment 271787

View attachment 271788
Decision made. BTW, there is a big multi-brand (I think) dealer in Moncton. Should be easy enough to check the service history.

If you did buy the new one, you'd lose maybe as much as double the cost of the farkles - well, maybe not quite - because you WILL suffer some immediate depreciation as soon as you buy it, even though it is already discounted some.

Show us a picture of it in your driveway.

Cheers,
Glenn

Reactions: om28

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Have a close look at the OEM plastic panniers on the 2017. They are small and on the exhaust side tiny! So most likely you won't like them, need to sell them, not much demand for those and end up getting a rack and a set of panniers anyway to make it suit your use.

Finally you are not in a hurry. Look for a private party sale. That way you get a better price and you can judge from the seller if he did abuse or not and maintain or not.

For the used dealer bike, ask for a printout of the maintenance records to see what was done, if it was dealer serviced. If not no way of knowing what was done.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts