StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. Just bought a used DL1000 in June and am finally getting to the "let's modify" stage. I'm in Dacula(Gwinnett) and looking for someone local to the area that has done the carb sync and what not. I've attached the hoses, removed the secondaries, changed the plugs, added a K&N air filter and built the manometer with ATF.

Any hands on help would be appreciated, mainly a listening ear to say I don't think that is right b/c mine does not sound like that.

Thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
Well PDRGA, I'm not too far (Suwanee), but unfortunately, not too much help either.

A. I have a 650
B. The only thing I know how to sync is my smartphone with my laptop.

good luck.

BTW, if you ever need to take it to someplace for tires/brakes/chains etc., go to Two Brothers in Lawrenceville. I've had them replace stuff cheaper (and a lot easier) than the parts would have cost me by themselves! Great folks to deal with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two Brothers

I had two brothers take off the Trail Wings that came on the bike and put on the new battle wings. I've had the Battle Wings in the mountains three times and really like the grip they give.

BTW I did my sync, adjusted my idle speed and thoroughly ticked off my wife by wasting a weekend in the garage "tinkering" as she calls it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sounds like you have gotten farther than I have. I wanted to get mine broken in, before I tackled any of this. I put almost 2K on it this last weekend, going to WV.
It would be great if the locals could get together for some rides.

Fred
Atlanta (Lilburn)
DL1000K8

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WV and other

By chance were you in WV for Bridge Day. I ask b/c some friends were riding up there for the weekend.

I'm all for getting together for a ride. I work the M-F office job, but I'm not opposed to taking a day off for some fun. In high school it was called "playing hookie". As an adult it's called a "personal day".

BTW I'm in Dacula on the 316 side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts