StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya. I have a friend (a sister Amazon) who is interested in a 650 'Strom if it's low enough for her. She currently rides an 1100 Shadow Tourer, and had a Virago for many years before that.

You don't necessarily have to have a 650 for sale, just one she can sit on.

She's an accomplished rider and would like to 'try before buying' so she will know if it will be a good fit for her.

SO! Would anyone in the GTA have a lowered 650 she could sit on, and possibly ride (very briefly) so she could find out if the 'Strom is the bike for her?

Thanks, and please PM me here so we can hook up.

Janice

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mine is not lowered ,as you know , Janice , but I'd gladly swap rides for a jaunt with your friend - the last cruiser rider I did that with sold his Volusia 800 and bought a strom ASAP !

Does that make me an evangelist ? Stromvangelist ?:confused:

Alex .

PS - as long as she doesn't prove that the 650 CAN do wheelies !

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, she tried out a Wee, but found that it was just too tall for her to be comfortable with.

Too bad there's not a smaller version of the 'Strom out there. I'm sure there would be a lot more women riding them.

For once, I'm glad I'm a 6'4" mutant who can flat foot my Vee...

:beatnik:

·
Registered
518 Posts
There is (sort of) a smaller version of the Wee, it's called the Gladius, or if used, SV650 naked. And it seems to be very popular with shorter ladies looking for that 650 "L" twin goodness. Yes, it's not an adventure bike, but once you lower a Wee, you've lost some of the adventure advantage anyway. Just a thought.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is (sort of) a smaller version of the Wee, it's called the Gladius, or if used, SV650 naked. And it seems to be very popular with shorter ladies looking for that 650 "L" twin goodness. Yes, it's not an adventure bike, but once you lower a Wee, you've lost some of the adventure advantage anyway. Just a thought.:mrgreen:
Thanks. I passed on the information. Good idea.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
There is (sort of) a smaller version of the Wee, it's called the Gladius
Currently called the SFV650. In the same vein are the Honda CB500 family, Kawasaki Versys, and the Yamaha 2015 FZ-07.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Currently called the SFV650. In the same vein are the Honda CB500 family, Kawasaki Versys, and the Yamaha 2015 FZ-07.
Thanks. Message passed on to Stacey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts