StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Gobear,

Test ride it to see if it fits and if the position of the foot pegs are not bothering you.
Don't get the Adventure model, Suzuki bags are to small and the engine guard is only a plastic spoiler
Easier maintenance will require a center stand, check for a cheaper online price and ask the dealer for price matching including the tax
Buffering at the helmet will require a different screen
If you plan on going off road with those wheels get a wheel/tire insurance, wheel = $800+
If you add a top case get the Give plate, which adds an additional metal support bracket (Suzuki carrier is plastic!)

2014+ Issues: ww.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-2014/277618-summary-issues-2014-dl1000-4.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why are there sooooo many 2015 left over, they are selling new standard models for $11500.00 Canadian

The dealers have tons of non currents ???

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
As with every new model on the market. They go like hot cakes at the beginning. Then sales goes down. And don't ferget there is a new contender on the market (new Kawasaki Versys 1000), which also gets better reviews then VStrom.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Why are there sooooo many 2015 left over, they are selling new standard models for $11500.00 Canadian

The dealers have tons of non currents ???
I only paid 10,000 in March for my 2014 plus I got a REALLY good deal on trade in for my 05 650 (more then I was trying to sell it for on Kijiji and more then I had bought it for a year and 20k earlier, I wound up making about 1k on that bike!).

Check out Bob's Cycle in Cornwall, tell him Mike Tennyson sent ya ;)

I'd hold off until Feb/March to buy though.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
As with every new model on the market. They go like hot cakes at the beginning. Then sales goes down. And don't ferget there is a new contender on the market (new Kawasaki Versys 1000), which also gets better reviews then VStrom.
The versys is a fantastic bike, I would have taken a Versys or the FJ-09 over my Vstrom back in March but neither are nearly as good in the gravel/dirt so I think it depends on the type of riding you want to do. At the time I didn't do much gravel so I was leaning towards the Versys/FJ.

I really wanted the FJ but my local yamaha dealer was insanely difficult to deal with.. it wound up being almost 4k more then (factoring in discounts, trade, fees) a vstrom 1000 and I just didn't like it $4,000 more :) Now they are giving them away, they didn't sell like they thought as they are all over kijiji.

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
Better reviews in what regards? :confused:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I love my new vee2. I got spectacular deal on a leftover '14 about a month and a half ago. I had purchased a new '14 650 last year, and basically paid less for the 1000 than I did for the 650. I'm still keeping the 650, though. At 6'2" you might want to go with the footpeg lowering kit from adventuretech. I'm only 5'9", but i've installed the kit on both stroms. I do a lot of long rides and my knees would ache after being bent for long periods. The lower pegs also make it easier to go from sitting on the saddle to standing on the pegs. I'd also recommend the Givi airflow windscreen as a necessary mod. After that, crash bars, skid plate, hand guards and luggage and you're good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts