StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enduro Guardian is no longer making their highway pegs. Shame...I loved them on my '07 DL650, and now looking for highway pegs for my 2012 Adventure. Anybody find something similar to the EG pegs?

I have the Weld86 skid plate on the bike now, but will probably find a good used Enduro Guardian skid plate to put on there so would like to find something to combine with that.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
What? why? ....damn I made my own and they stick out too far, so I was going to order the EG's.....crap. I guess I will have to weld up my own version..............

·
Registered
216 Posts
Don't think I can help because I haven't found any yet. I too am looking for highway pegs for my 2012 V. The Enduro Gaurdians looked good, but came to the same conclusion you did. I'm really interested in the Dan Vesel version, but can't seem to get ahold of him.

Hope to get some response here.

KKORO

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
I have some folding pegs I took off a crash bar I got for my BMW G650.
You want them I 'll send them to you. How you mount them is your problem.
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn about no stinking highway pegs.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some folding pegs I took off a crash bar I got for my BMW G650.
You want them I 'll send them to you. How you mount them is your problem.
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn about no stinking highway pegs.
I sent you a PM regarding your generous offer. :wink2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just installed rivco hwy pegs on the factory crash bars. 7/8th clamp was used which was still just a bit larger than the bar so I put bolts into the bars to secure them. Works like a champ.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
"I sent you a PM regarding your generous offer."

Be sure to pay it backward/forward to some other needy guy, you're Welcome!
Waiting for you Address.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
You now have a green light to make those highway pegs Rick. :)

Sucks about EG though, hopefully he is moving into something better?

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a quick note to thank notacop for his kind donation to me. They will work just fine until I can find a set of the Enduro Guardian foot pegs down the road.

On a side note...I also messaged with Yann (EnduroGuardian)...and decided to pick up one of his aluminum skid plates, since I've got first hand experience how solid they are when you go down steep hills with baseball and basketball sized rocks...accidentally (long story). Soon as it comes in, I'll be putting up a basically new Weld86 plate that the previous owner put on the bike and let sit in his garage before I bought it two weeks ago.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
I'm much more selective of where I go off roading so my Weld 86 does just fine. I only crash in soft places
That will make a fine add-on for someone.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear about endure guardian. Yuan just sent me some extra pieces a couple of weeks ago. Great guy to deal with. Hope he is moving on to bigger and greener pastures.

Rick, definitely make some pegs!

·
Registered
151 Posts
OK guys, I will start figuring out a design similar to Yuan's. I haven't heard back from Yuan about buying his unused inventory. I'm afraid the forces at work that caused him to stop production are keeping him very busy.
Rick, would it be possible to make a folding peg that did not have to attach to a skid plate? I have a custom set using 1/4" square steel stock that attaches to the frame, but they don't fold and are in a weird position for my legs. It was kind of a quick job.

Couple different angles - they work well and have been my saving grace on long trips, my legs are just slightly too long for them though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts