StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at going on the Cannonball ride next weekend and have left things to the last minute, I need a rear tire change and figuring a chain replacement at the same time.

A bit desperate because my usual mechanic says he can't do it and talking to GP Bikes they said late June. (Snow City does not even answer the phone.)

I would try it myself but don't have the tools and want to be sure it is done right.

Does anyone in the Greater GTA know a mechanic who would have the time to do the change? I am in Pickering but willing to go just about anywhere to get it done

I am off work next week so I could go any day.

Thanks

Al B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since you're in the East, I've heard go things about Mike at Clarington Cycle on Taunton Rd.
Looking to go there myself as I understand he also rides a VStrom.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follwup. As suggested, great place to get work done. Quick appt, professional attitude and work done in time estimated and thanked me for the opportunity to work on my bike. Haven't seen that lately.

ps Used to ride a VStrom does not anymore.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Follwup. As suggested, great place to get work done. Quick appt, professional attitude and work done in time estimated and thanked me for the opportunity to work on my bike. Haven't seen that lately.

ps Used to ride a VStrom does not anymore.
When I lived in the area I bought a few things from him and had him install a set of tires bought elsewhere. Mike's good and reliable, and a nice Guy. I'm not surprised you were treated well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Marc, where was the place around Ottawa you had recommended to me for a tire change? I'm thinking on a tread that looks less like a bunch of lego bricks stuck to a circle.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Marc, where was the place around Ottawa you had recommended to me for a tire change? I'm thinking on a tread that looks less like a bunch of lego bricks stuck to a circle.
Richmond Motorsport is good. Len will try and talk you into a triumph triple.( he is a big triumph fan). What are you taking off and putting on? I am looking for some knobbies.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks Dave. I have a lightly used anakee for the rear, and was thinking on the same for the front. I'm going to hang on the big blocks just in case I decide to go back.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
rosey toes is quick and low priced if you bring the wheel in. $20 if you bring your own rubber. He has been known to scratch a rim (hasn't happened to me) but at $20 a tire vs $80 that some other shops charge it may be worth the risk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts