StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've lost one of the orange reflectors on the lower fork. I contacted my local dealer and Suzuki wants $50 CAN for one reflector!

Has anyone here replaced theirs with an aftermarket reflector? And if so, where did you find one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark444, thanks for the link. Yes, that looks like them. Unfortunately, that eBay vendor does not ship to Canada - anyone here know of a source to get these in Canada?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Do you have to have them to be legal or is it a safety thing? If it safety just get some reflective tae and put a strip up the fork leg and call it a day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know, it's not illegal to not have them here in British Columbia -- I'm just the kind of guy that replaces things on my bike when they're lost or broken. I'll most likely remove the reflector from the other side and call it a day.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I use red ones I found off of old bicycles on the rear of my sons 2006 650, up near the licence plate. They are not round and are mostly obscured by the panniers. I wasn't sure if they are a legal requirement in these parts so I stuck em on anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
5.6" does not seem right when you look at the threaded fastener on the back side. I think it is a mistake caused by the metric and inch difference. I mostly like metric stuff. millmeters I like, but if I were to see a centimeter I would probably try to step on it

Cheers

RLBranson

·
Registered
377 Posts
Last year my bike fell over and bent one of the reflectors in the front. Front left is bent, but I bent it back. You need for the right side or the left...just wondering...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Last year my bike fell over and bent one of the reflectors in the front. Front left is bent, but I bent it back. You need for the right side or the left...just wondering...
Max; they are two of the same items. You just have to use the proper hand, right or left when you put them on.

Cheers

RLBranson

·
Registered
377 Posts
LOL I know that... I was just wondering if he had the same issue on the same side as I do... Front left for me...Originally I said it would not bother me, but I can see how out of shape it was through the fairing looking down at the fork... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts