StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2002 DL1000 since August last year, and I have added a few farkles to make the bike more comfortable for longer rides. So far, I have added:
1. Sargeant Seat
2. Givi Windscreen
3. Heated Grips
4. Grip puppies
5. Throttlemeister

Most of my problems have been abated, but I think that I am still leaning over too far, and would like to add either bar risers or aftermarket handlebars that will bring the grips back and up and back so that I can sit truly upright.

What have you had success with? Are bar risers the right option? Adjustable or otherwise? Or should I replace the handlebars with something with more pullback?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
470 Posts
Motech bar-back risers worked perfectly for me - 1" up + 1" back, but you may want more than that. Rox risers give you more of a lift and can be adjusted to any angle of up + back.

Different bars are another option but since I haven't tried any I'll let somebody else give you advice on that. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you need to swap out any of your cables? I'd like to avoid this if possible.
Thanks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Did you need to swap out any of your cables? I'd like to avoid this if possible.
Thanks!
I have a Wee with ABS, so I had to go to a longer brake hose. Since you don't have ABS you shouldn't have that problem. The cables and wiring harnesses just needed a bit of adjustment to reach - no replacement required.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like to set up straight also,& got some risers from MotorCycleLarry.com
He has lots of Farcles for Vee. ST1300, FJRs & Concourse, I think.
He also drills them for Ram mounts specify 1/8 or 3/16 he also has
master cly. covers threaded for ram mounts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used the Rox risers on my wee (ABS so had to change the brake line everything else was plenty long enough). The risers made a huge difference in the riding position, I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam. I am sitting pretty well upright though my arms are still nearly fully extended. It is much more comfortable for me. I had the same risers on my Ulysses but it didn't feel like they made near as much difference as on the V Strom. I really like the adjustability of the Rox versus the fixed riser options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts