prefer with centre stand, heated grips and luggage
otherwise stock
and in the GTA

found a bike

·
Registered
121 Posts
Suzuki of Newmarket

Brand new 6300..plus adm..and tax...or wait for the show in December..most likely 6 by than....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'd suggest you stay clear of Suzuki of Newmarket. The bike guy there is terrible to work with. Brampton Suzuki is a little better and much clearer on price +++.

However, if you're looking used, surf the autotrader.ca every Thursday, kijiji.ca, and local craigslist postings. Be prepared to do a little driving to get to the bike you want to see, but I had great luck through Kijiji with my DL650.

Here's a current listing off of Kijiji. He's asking $6800 for a 2006 wee with 12000kms on it. I'd say that's about $1000 high for the bike, especially at this time of year. I consider all the extras like jackets and helmets to be worth nothing as throw ins. The Shad 42L topcase is worth about $250 on ebay with the mounting bracket. I'd probably offer $5500 all in and be prepared to go to $6000. He doesn't say he's selling it certified, so clarify that first. http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-SUZUKI-V-STROM-650-W0QQAdIdZ82111331

·
Registered
121 Posts
Brampton

Brampton may have a good technician but the salesman is a bird...Newmarket had the best price.. :-D....

·
Registered
58 Posts
We've bought both our bikes from Newmarket suzuki. Both times the sales guy didn't impress me, but so what I'll never see him again. Besides, the sticker price was the only the thing that was of concern.
Good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I played all the dealers off each other at the 2008 January bike show in Toronto. Suzuki of Brampton got a downpayment at the end of the day. Suzuki of Newmarket was promising so much it no longer rang sincere, so I walked away. I got a better deal then I got for my 2005!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts