StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to find a 2008 or 2009 DL650A in California?
All the dealers I looked say not avaliable.
I was going to buy new but will consider used but there is a problem with out of state motorcycles (must have at least 7500 miles) before the can be sold here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't find one in IL either they are a ghost until we start seeing new Suzuki's roll-in as far as I can tell.

Edit: There might be a couple in Chicago but trying to make a deal up there is like pulling teeth.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had the experience of having some bikes show up online but not existing in the local dealerships that are listed as actually having them in stock according to Cycletrader. Of course that was down here in Texas FWIW

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue looking for a 650ABS in California, multiple dealers advertise in Cycletrader that they have a bike…. but they really don’t. I guess they think that they can convince you to buy something else. I finally found a nice used one with only 1300 miles on it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope what?
That cycletrader doesn't show what I said it did, or nope the 2 dealerships in Sacramento and 1 in San Jose are listing 2009 DL650 ABS bikes, but don't have'm?
Do Not have them !!

·
Registered
106 Posts
There is a used 09 ABS with about 2500 miles at a dealer near seattle for $6500, when you buy it I will ride it for you until it has around 7000 miles:mrgreen: then you could ride it back to Cal. and register it, I do believe my plan is flawless
:thumbup:

·
Registered
609 Posts
I just bought my used 2007 ABS 650 last night from a fellow stromtrooper and I am in the Sacramento, CA area. I posted a wanted ad in the wanted section. He PM'ed me that he was looking to sell his. I went the next day and bought it on the spot. Much cheaper than new, as well as already with some accesories like the centerstand, heated grips, a powerlet connector and handguards. I am looking forward to this bike. There was a 2008 with ABS in the LA area for sale but I think it sold and another in the bay area a few weeks ago but it must have sold as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is a used 09 ABS with about 2500 miles at a dealer near seattle for $6500, when you buy it I will ride it for you until it has around 7000 miles:mrgreen: then you could ride it back to Cal. and register it, I do believe my plan is flawless
:thumbup:
That the one in Bremerton?

·
Registered
106 Posts
nope, The one I know of is down near olympia at Paulsons, they said it came with 2 seats and 2 windshields, i'm not sure which kind.

·
Registered
67 Posts
new 650 abs today

I called around today and found a new ABS model. Dealer took s deposit over the phone and im gonna pick it up Tueday. I heard they were getting hard to find and I have been wanting that option.
Now I will own two. My other orange 2009 wee is going in the for sale section or craigslist tommorrow. Maybe just make an Orange ABS model?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've just about given up trying to find a DL650ABS in this state.

Although, ABS models were always in short supply, I beleive that Suzuki marketing has created this shortage to raise prices in the next model year.

My guess is, there will be plenty available when the MSRP is $ 9-10,000.
If, as I've read, ABS is such a great safety feature it will be mandated by government authority.

Is it even possible to buy an auto without ABS?

·
Registered
178 Posts
nope, The one I know of is down near olympia at Paulsons, they said it came with 2 seats and 2 windshields, i'm not sure which kind.
That's where I got my wee. They matched the best price I was offered elsewhere, and threw in a few freebies.

They've got a Ninja 250 my wife has been eying on their floor right now. We can't decide between a Ninja 250 and a Sherpa for the wife's ride...

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've just about given up trying to find a DL650ABS in this state.

Although, ABS models were always in short supply, I beleive that Suzuki marketing has created this shortage to raise prices in the next model year.

My guess is, there will be plenty available when the MSRP is $ 9-10,000.
If, as I've read, ABS is such a great safety feature it will be mandated by government authority.

Is it even possible to buy an auto without ABS?
Why are you limiting yourself to new? Look for used as well, they do pop up form time to time. You can save thousands and apply the difference to farkles. The bike is bulletproof so there isnt the worry of a lack of warranty and suzukis warranty is pretty limited anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts