StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bigman, big problems finding things to wear..:headbang:
I tried 2XL gloves at dealers - hardly go on my hands.
I can measure my hands for references but have no idea what is the standard. Height, Head size and shoe size are easy to measure, but hands

Can anybody with big hands recommend on good summer gloves?
I saw the Joe Rocket Black 3XL Hybrid Mesh gloves, but do not know if 3XL is what I need.
JoeRocket.com

$50 is reasonable price for gloves - not looking for more expensive, and it mustn't be hot at summer, I hate that.
But I do like the cold cover, can put it in the top case and use it when autumn/spring arrives.

Advice is welcome, thanks!
(And BTW: Thanks to all the tips about the big helmet 5 months ago..they were good tips)

·
Registered
37 Posts
My buddy has big hands...in fact he keeps telling me "big feet, big hands...you do the math" if you know what I mean. Anyway I digress. 3xl are the only ones that fit him. Unless you have really really big hands they should do the trick.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Go to Home Depot and try on their Elkskin gloves. $29. Treat them with minkoil a couple times. Fine riding gloves.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've tried on every brand in every shop I've been too, and never found any that were quite big enough except for RoadGear gloves. The 3XL in my RoadGear Adaptive Technology multiseason gloves is significantly bigger than any others I've tried. Cortech 3XLs are close, but definitely smaller.

Roadgear (roadgear.com) has some summer mesh options for about $35 which I will probably order soon as well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Cycle Gear has a pair of Bilt gloves that fit me (3xl) great and they were only $20.I don't remember the model but they only come in black with a clear knuckle protecters, the are vented also.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had some Alpinestar 3XL summer gloves, and they did not fit well. I grabbed a pair of Cortech mesh gloves from newenough in 3XL and they fit great. I'd make you a deal on the Alpinestars. If your thumbs aren't as fat as mine they'd probably be fine.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody!

Called my dealer, and he wants a hefty 20% restocking fee if I return..will buy online I guess and take my chances..

So many options, but without trying one it is just pure gambling.:confused:

·
Registered
969 Posts
To give you an idea of the size of my hands, I have never found a glove that fits my hand in any brick and mortar store. Go to leatherup.com. I get a lot of gloves from them. In some styles they carry 4XL. Not great, not bad either, but they fit and are inexpensive. Get one size bigger than you would normally. Size- I am a hair under 4" across at the widest part of my palm and 8-3/8" from the first crease on my wrist to the tip of my finger. I buy 3XL if I want snug 4XL if I want looser. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To give you an idea of the size of my hands, I have never found a glove that fits my hand in any brick and mortar store. Go to leatherup.com. I get a lot of gloves from them. In some styles they carry 4XL. Not great, not bad either, but they fit and are inexpensive. Get one size bigger than you would normally.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look in their site.

But I will never order again from LeatherUp - had bad experience with them that lead to a credit card dispute over a return (I got the money back the same day).

Revzilla on the other hand will get my money this time - service person answered in less than one minute. Their site is great, free shipping, no bs of restocking etc.

I don't understand the dealers - they will run out of business if they don't adapt quickly to the internet. Why would I buy from a local dealer for $54 (incl. tax) and I have to ride to him and risk 20% restocking, if I can buy from an online and get none of this bs for $45, free shipping and order from my laptop? [Yes return shipping will cost a few $, but so does riding to a dealer and my time is equally important]

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Problem resolved :)

Just wanted to say wrap up this subject.
I ordered 5 different gloves from Revzilla:
* Joe Rocket Hybrid Glove 3XL
* Icon Twenty-Niner Gloves 3XL
* Icon Twenty-Niner Gloves 4XL
* Tour Master Intake Air Gloves 3XL
* Tour Master Intake Air Gloves 4XL

All gloves fit my hands (trust me, some gloves do not physically fit no matter what you do) - Joe Rocket Hybrid was too tight. Both Tour Master were designed for longer hands, my hands are wide.
I really didn't like the odd design of the Joe Rocket Hybrid with the embedded 'Spock' winter cover (Imagine Spock saying 'Live Long and Prosper' with a Joe Rocket glove..)

Icon 29er 4XL was the chosen one - rode with it today, very happy with it. It's a keeper.

Hope this helps other big guys here.

BTW: Revzilla CS is very good (even though my order somehow got mixed up an delayed, but they did apologize and fixed it - I understand, things happen. You judge companies by how they handle mistakes, not only when the order comes as expected)

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Most gloves seem to run a size small. Held makes large sizes. First Gear makes gloves to 2XL - some fit me, some don't, but they are worth trying.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most gloves seem to run a size small. Held makes large sizes. First Gear makes gloves to 2XL - some fit me, some don't, but they are worth trying.
Yes, most gloves are made smaller.

I bought the Icon 29er gloves after getting a recommendation from the Revzilla rep. He gave me a good advice - Indeed, they are made quite large.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have big hands and use Joe Rocket summer gloves, size 3 xl. There is room for more, too. These are one of the few gloves that are large enough for me.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
OJ trial

I will kibbitz that the guys at whitehorse gear in NH will actually answer questions likw this and make real recommendations

1 - 15 of 15 Posts