StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a right mirror for my Strom. Any suggestions for online parts dealers? I thought I'd try local and checked with ProSource just down the road from me a couple hundred miles and they wanted $12 for shipping something that can be shipped for $3.85 by Priority Mail. (cheapness.. Must be the KLR owner in me :lol: )

Anyway, I'm shopping for a parts dealer for any needed future use.. I'd use my local dealer, but they're the reason the mirror's broken in the first place. I took it in for replacement of parts when the shipping company dropped it on the left side. They replaced the parts and busted the right mirror and aren't interested in addressing the issue.. They and I inspected the right mirror when it went in, but they're blowing it off..

Oh well, last money they'll get from me.. :?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have bought a lot of parts from Ron Ayers Motorsports and find their prices and service are usually best. Plus, they have all of the parts fiche available online, with factory part numbers. Most of the other sites that make the fiche available won't provide the OEM part numbers so you can't shop around with them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only problem with Ron Ayers is that all I hear about them is how long they take to actually ship, sometimes 2-3 weeks, yet they charge your credit card at the time the order is placed..
I've heard several stories about needing to call them 4-5 times, getting a different person everytime, and all saying the product is in stock and will ship right away..

I've already got crappy customer service from my local dealers. At least with them, I can inform them of my displeasure in front of other customers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I can only speak to my own experiences and they have all been good. None of my local Dealers ever have what I want in stock. And some of them are huge, multi-brand stores. If I have to wait a week or more for them to order what I need anyway, why not save 30 to 50% off the price?
YMMV.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Try mrcycles.com. The website is easy to navigate - you look up the parts on the Suzuki fiches - couldn't be easier. You can phone in if you have questions. I got a large assortment of obscure parts with minimum effort and good prices. Obviously for the unusual parts, they have to get them from Suzuki. Maybe two weeks maximum to get stuff to California.

J

·
0 Posts
Ron Ayers works for me too. Ordered OEM parts to replace broken ones from left hand slide. Had parts in hand in 5 days this was phone order. Just got my OEM chain and spockets yesterday took 9 days this was online order. Just ordered Perille S/T's yesterday. $195 delivered for both. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts