StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any dealer in the NY Long Island area that offers any test rides on a V Strom? I'm looking for a second bike for commuting to work when the weather gets nice. I had a KLR 650 but did not like it and sold it. I read the reviews and like the looks of the bike but I would never again buy another bike without a test ride.

Thanks,

Dino

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dino,

I can't help on the dealer recommend, but I will tell you don't make the same mistake that I did. I said the same thing in 2005 and bought a Connie because the dealer wouldn't order a Wee without a signed contract. I loved the Connie, but after riding a Wee in 2008 I realized I had made a mistake. The Connie is a great interstate, twisty, road bike, but up here in the Adirondacks there is a lot of gravel and quasi-off road opportunities and the Connie don't like soft payment. I finally purchase a 2012 Adventure last May. If you were closer I would happily gve you a chance at her.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you were closer, I'd have no problem letting you ride my bike, but it looks like you found one anyways! Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts