StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start with this is my first post, I am Steve from Illinois and I am retired and I have been riding for a long time.
Secondly I am going to look at a bike later today or tomorrow it is a 07 Wee with 20K on the clock. Is there anything specific I should look for other than normal wear, rust in tank & normal wear?

Thanks all, high pipes

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
These are very reliable bikes. At 20k, the chain & sprockets are either due for replacement or just replaced. Factor that into the price, about $200 DIY. Check whether all the fluids have been recently replaced and the valve clearance checked. Everything else just takes a good look-over and test ride.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
These are very reliable bikes. At 20k, the chain & sprockets are either due for replacement or just replaced. Factor that into the price, about $200 DIY. Check whether all the fluids have been recently replaced and the valve clearance checked. Everything else just takes a good look-over and test ride.
+1, check to see if he's a one owner, why he's selling. Many wee owners put numerous extras on after purchase, so look for extras. Also be aware that withthe new release of the 2012 wee, older models may tendto be worth less than current book values as seen with other vehicles, weather or not its worth waiting is your call as the amount of depceciation may be negliable, Also keep in mind the season, winter will bring you lower prices, although the season is waining.
See if he maintained any type of service records, this is an invaluable item when selling, and typically he can stand firm on a fair price.

I think there where very few changes after 04,mostly emissions, so keep an eye out for other years as well with less than normal milage for your area, also be aware of factory options that may be handy for you, such as factory heated grips( hard to beat these with any aftermarket) and center stands..

Good luck and remember....the patient buyer always find the deals.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
What I always like to see in a used bike is a maintenance history. Otherwise, check the bike for rust and leaks and get a feel for the personality of the owner if possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, its a 2007 650 with 20K for $3500.00 so I don't think I can go too wrong. It also has a center stand, crash bars, aftermarket seat and a top case.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
get a feel for the personality of the owner if possible.
Always a very good point, I can't recall the times I went to look at a older machine only to see the guys house was barly being mainatined. I know for sure of 2 bikes I went to look at and never stopped.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not always true. I spend so much time keeping my bikes in great shape that I don't have time to do the repairs on the house!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Not always true. I spend so much time keeping my bikes in great shape that I don't have time to do the repairs on the house!
Have we spoken on the phone before?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it!

I bought the bike and everything looks good it even has new tires, chain and sprockets and the valves have been adjusted so all I need is some gas, insurance and some more bugs on her. Updates to come, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sweet! Enjoy the ride and let us know how you like it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The weather was better today so I hit the road and this bike is great all the power you need and agile. I am going to check out a taller windscreen I am not used to that much breeze in the face, other than that this one will be around for a while. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
82 Posts
new wee

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you got a great deal on the bike. It's amazing what a great bike these bikes are for buck. Leaves lots of money to farkel it the way you want it. enjoy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not so sure about the Sargent seat that came with the bike because after a hour ride I'm numb between the legs, I never had that happen to me on any of my bikes I have had monkey but never numb like this. Its a good thing I have the stock seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still in love with the Wee I have ordered a new shield and Gvi cases. Looks like I'm doing my share for the economy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts