StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was down at the local dealers today and drooling over all the new bikes, wondering which one I'd get next.
Then I went back outside jumped on to my Vee2 and went for a ride. After 20 mins I thought to myself "This bike is absolutely epic". Why would I want to or even think about changing what is probably the best bike I've ever ridden :smile2:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
WOW a dealer that lets you test ride!
Great bikes but I just wish you could test ride something other than Hardly and Beemer in my area.
Mike

·
Registered
15,609 Posts
A test ride on the Ducati Diavel had me convinced my present bike was a lot better.
amazing how much money you can save when a ride on the DL feels so right.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Even if you marry the most beautiful model on the planet, you will still look at that chicks butt when she walks past, nothing wrong with that. ;)

My bike gets me places I want to go and has a lot of great features, is economical and attractive. The only thing it lacks is some soul, which would probably come with a muffler change.

There are lots of more expensive bikes, but are they better? marginal at best, and you really pay dearly for that marginal improvement.

Having said that, I still want to get a cruiser and a KTM Super Duke in my garage one day.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
In the case of MC l's MORE is better

Nothing like a bunch of bikes in the garage to pick from!
They are all different and they are all GREAT!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I was down at the local dealers today and drooling over all the new bikes, wondering which one I'd get next.
Then I went back outside jumped on to my Vee2 and went for a ride. After 20 mins I thought to myself "This bike is absolutely epic". Why would I want to or even think about changing what is probably the best bike I've ever ridden :smile2:
I hear you man, going through that same thing right now. I'm inches from buying a new Wee but then I ride my low mileage '06 and think "Hmmm, why do I need a new one?"
I think what I need is 2nd bike, a used one, something like a true dual sport such as a DR650. That will help me forget about dropping thousands on a new Strom I really don't need right now.

Henry.

·
Administrator
17,520 Posts
Ever since I got my new XT last July, I have zero desire for another bike. I think I finally found a bike that will keep me happy and satisfied for a good long while. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ever since I got my new XT last July, I have zero desire for another bike. I think I finally found a bike that will keep me happy and satisfied for a good long while. :)
Exactly my feelings. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I loved my '11 Wee, and almost cried when I traded it is for my '14 Vee2. Never dismounted from my Wee or Vee2 without a grin on my face. If I never get another bike, that would be o.k. with me. My Vee2 has awesome power, and is comfortable as heck. That said, who wouldn't want the new Super duke GT or BMW scrambler in their garage? Unfortunately, I have wasted a lot of money on new cars over the years, and with retirement in sight, spending money like Rodney Dangerfield is not an option.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
i'm going to get myself a second bike this year.. likely an xr650

1 - 11 of 11 Posts