StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an unintended get-off in the mud and muck that ended up bending my collector just down stream of the cat. Borked my Mivv slip on as well...expensive detour this one! Anyway, looking at getting full Arrow header system and wondering who has experience putting it on themselves, how it went, and if any brand of slip on (like a Mivv) will work with it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Easy to install but don't have the bike on the center stand like I did (if you have one). Made it a b!tch to wiggle it out and then since it was half way out I couldn't take the bike off the stand... Of course I was doing this alone and an extra set of hands would have made all the difference. If I recall total install including removing servo took like 1.5 hours, and that was with no guidance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Easy to do yourself...........it only bolts on to the front & rear header....you will need to remove the centre stand if you have one. Allow a good couple of hours from the start to finish ride off time. Arrow primary should work with most brands. I run a Leo Vince slip on & it works a treat!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Rick also responded from his web site. Thanks for the heads up on removing the center stand first. Am I absolutely going to need a Power Commander or will the ECU adjust to the catless system as long as I add the Healtech servo-thingy?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got everything ordered: Arrow race header system from AdventureTech, (thanks Rick), new MIVV oval slip on in stainless (opted for the cheaper one this time due to such a big expense all at once, Thanks Paige at PJsParts.com), and the Vizi-Tec servo eliminator (thanks guys for the tip on that one). Also had to order about $200 worth of OEM parts from Partzilla to replace broken foot peg hangers and brackets, etc. Damn this was an expensive get-off! Who says low speed lowsides don't hurt...LOL.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dissection of the affected tissues...

Awaiting replacement donor parts for the rehabilitation...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts